“New Years Day Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ottawa ON Canada
“New Years Day Dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We decided to go out for dinner on New Years Day as a family treat and were pleasantly surprised that Prime 360 had a table available (we made the reservation New Year's Eve).

They offered, in addition to their usual menu selection, a New Year's Dinner special with choices of roast turkey, roast beef or salmon.

This was not our first visit to this restaurant, nor will it be our last. The food was well prepared and presented, the service attentive and the ambiance enjoyable.

• Visited January 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“baffling”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I ate there recently and I cant believe this place claims to be anything "ultimate" at all!! Me and a friend from work went there for lunch a few days before christmas and found the so called "fine dining"-hotel-restaurant less than modest... At best. My friend had the Shrimp pasta and described the shrimp as "worse than grocery store bought", the noodles as over-done and pasty, and the sauce as spiced tomato sauce from a can... I had a fried onion and mushroom burger and while the burger wasn't bad or didn't taste like a frozen patty, it wasnt packed with mouthwatering flavour either...Although most of all, I couldn't believe that they served what tasted, and looked, like Mcdonalds fries with it! This place is not even close to being worth it. Service and athmosphere/coziness was decent but did not make up for the horrible and over-priced food they sell. I felt like i was the subject of one of those "just for laughs" bits when i left. Go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal
“Christmas eve table d'hote”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Quite a good table d'hote but not much choice. We had a good butternut squash soup and a well pepared roast sirloin as well an excellent St Emilion. The desserts weren't very interesting.

Visited December 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Thinking of having a great dinner do a 180 and don't walk RUN!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My three daughters and I had not been together in the same city for over two years. For my 65th birthday we were all in Ottawa and went here for my special dinner. There were 6 adults and one 7yr old child. The restaurant is located on the ground floor of a large office complex where one daughter works. During the day, it is quite busy but on a Saturday night this must not be the place to go. On arrival the restaurant was almost empty and we were escorted to the far end of the restaurant right at a street level window. I know this is a common practice so that passers-by think that the restaurant is busy. The only other people there were seated right next to us. When we asked to be moved to a round table, we were told that it would not accommodate the size of our crowd. Not true and we have had brunch there with as many people at the table
and we were just fine but those tables are not near a window. Before I leave the atmosphere, non existent, my son-in-law commented halfway through the meal that one of the ceiling lights although probably 15 feet above us, was brighter than the others and it felt like he was sitting under an interrogation lamp. They need to change that light bulb.

Our server Michelle, was excellent. When asked about the menu, she told us that we could upgrade the quality of the steaks while still keeping the flavours or seasoning that came on the other selections as she said that those steaks were "supermarket quality meat". The higher priced steaks are from Alberta and according to her, they are the only restaurant to serve that high quality. When asked about a type of red wine, her comment was that most people who order it, leave some on the table. We did leave her a decent tip as the disaster was not of her making. She even went the extra mile to track us down. One of my daughters left her iphone on the table. Michelle took the time to call the phone number of the person who had made the reservation and my daughter picked up her phone on Monday when she went to work. Leaving her a decent tip paid off.

Lets start with the food.

We ordered the scallops, Asian spring rolls, crab cakes and a small caesar salad. Al the appetizers were well presented however the crab cakes were bland and tasteless.
For the main courses those who ordered steak did choose to upgrade to the higher quality.
Meals: Pork chop. Large juicy and tasty.
Shrimp & scallop penne. This dish was very disappointing. The sauce was dry and congealed on the pasta. You could not distinguish the shrimp nor scallops in the dish. There was little flavour to speak of.While on the subject of penne, we ordered plain penne with butter only, for my Grandson. He loves penne and ordering anything else would be a waste of food and money. How can you ruin plain penne with butter??? Well you cook the penne in the same water that you boiled the broccoli! It tasted so horrible, he couldn't eat it. He likes broccoli and my daughter tasted the penne and it was glutinous and had a bits of broccoli in it. He was satisfied with eating the warm dinner rolls which were very good. When the bill came, they charged us $9.00 for this awful mess.

Filet Mignon:8oz medium well. It arrived and was barely a half inch thick and didn't look like any filet mignon I have ever been served. It had shrunk to fit in the palm of a small hand and was as tough as shoe leather. We sent it back. It arrived later, of course, when we were almost finished eating. My daughter had taken a bite of her potato and some of the veggies. The steak came back and the veggies and potato were now cold. At the price you pay for the meal, they could have at least replaced the veggies. They offered her a free dessert. The second steak came back and was medium cooked but not any more tender and flat as a pancake.
Rib-eye 10 oz. no complaints there. (2).
New York strip, with Oscar sauce, scallops and lobster cream sauce. The sauce was a special on the menu that night. I ordered it medium rare, more to rare. It came medium, not medium rare and there was one lonely small scallop and I couldn't find any lobster and there was maybe a teaspoon of sauce. This is my favourite steak at the Keg and was a big disappointment here.

We had 3 bottles of wine, coffee ($3.00 each) and shared the free dessert, cheesecake selection.
We had an Entertainment book coupon of one free entree so at the cost of those meals, I would give it a value of $30.00. So dinner for 6, you can't count a bowl of penne with butter as a meal, beverages, tax and tip came to $588.00! Take away the coupon, the meal cost us over $600.00 at $100.00 per person. We had looked at the menu in advance and knew that it would be expensive and were prepared to pay top price for a great meal and fun experience. My daughters had offered to pay for a trip to Vancouver to visit my siblings but I declined in favour of spending an evening with them. I should have taken the trip. The meal on the airline would have been just as bad for a tenth of the cost for the meal here and the ticket cost was half the cost of our dinner!!
We are going out this week with some friends and the person organizing the meal had made a reservation at Prime 360... When I told him of our experience he cancelled the reservation.No kidding!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BelizeBabyBoomer
Crystal Beach, Canada
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Loved the atmosphere. Food was amazing and so was the service. They also have vegetarian options that are not on the menu. We have a spinach ravioli with red sauce and it was delicious.

• Visited December 2013