“Love this place!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love the beef tatare here - probably my favorite in Ottawa! Everything I have ordered here has been delicious, the service is friendly and the prices are reasonable. I look forward to coming here every time. It is a place that is great for family dinners, dates or groups of friends.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CecefromCanada

Ottawa, Canada
“2013 New Year's Resolution”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

As part of our 2013 New Year's Resolution, my Honey Bunny and I decided that we would try a different Ottawa restaurant every month and share our experiences with friends. January was my pick so after reading the reviews, I decided that The Pepper Garden would be the first of twelve. What a great way to start and what a challenge my Honey Bunny will have to find February's pick. We started with a cocktail then the Clam Chowder which was tasty and not too filling, the main meal was the duck confit as recommended by our server which was delicious and the seared scallops which were done to perfection. The desserts (pecan pie and Grand Marnier mousse) were also very good. We both give it a two thumbs up!!!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank 2013_NYs_Resolution
Ontario, Canada
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

After reading all the great reviews we decided to give it a try. This restaurant has been around forever. The service was great. The food was very good. They served a nice loaf of French bread while waiting for our appetizers. We had the house red wine which was great. Mt husband had the lasagna which he said was very tasty and could not have had at your average restaurant. I had the pear and goat cheese salad which was fantastic. This restaurant is a gem and I regret letting people know as it will be harder to get a spot without a reservation.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank pixiesimon
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a romantic dinner. Service was outstanding but the food quality was "north American". Heavy on the sauces, very microwave dinner like. Felt almost like a restaurant from 10 years ago. The culinary world had evolved since and the menu for this place represents it well however execution is mediocre. I give them 3 stars mainly for service and atmosphere, food was lacking at best. Many better options exist in Ottawa that would be a better taste for the buck.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic Friday Dinner with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I came home to Ottawa over the US Thanksgiving and found this restaurant on tripadvisor :). None of my Ottawa friends had bee to Pepper Garden so we were all very happy and satisfied with the choice. While waiting I met the checf (Dave D) and we discussed our travels and time away from Ottawa. The beer selection was quite good but they did not have a really hoppy IPA. None the less I was satisfied with the microbrews they offered. Dinner was very tasty and for the first time in years I had crispy duck which was perfectly cooked. Before we could order dessert, Dave came back with two tasting plates for the table. I love dessert and without a doubt they were all outstanding, especially the bread pudding (see the pic) All the Best! Joel

• Visited November 2012