“Super friendly service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We went for lunch with a Groupon discount coupon. Before we were seated the gentleman explained that as we arrived at the end of the lunch time we could not order from the menu but were welcome to select from the buffet. We appreciated the fact that he gave us the option to stay or return another day. We chose to stay and eat from the buffet which was very good, the dessert was great. Our server was very friendly and helpful explaining the dishes and making us feel welcome. We will definately return

1  Thank closdescedres

Reviewed April 1, 2012

As a local, I am writing about where some of the best non-touristy food can be found in Ottawa. I dine at New Nupur very often and it is consistently good. There is a daily lunch buffet, but the freshly prepared dinners is where they shine. Delicious butter chicken, tandoori chicken, excellent naan bread, Cauliflower bhaji and good gulab Jamun for dessert. The combination dinners are an excellent value and the portions are very generous (I took half of mine home in a doggy bag). When I travel, I like to go where locals go and tourists don't know about...yet. If you have a hankering for Indian in Ottawa, New Nupur is the best kept secret.

4  Thank rweissred
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Have been a few times recently, ordered a variety of dishes and really delighted with the quality of the cooking. As a curry fanatic, Ottawa is often a source of disappointment but will keep coming here if the standard remains as good.
It's never been busy on my visits, so not much atmosphere.

2  Thank catbird369
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We haven't been there in a while but were happy to had done so. Wether you are alone, as a couple or with a larger group, they can accomdate and serve you a tasty meal. Ok it's not the Taj and you might find the decor a bit passé but if you're in the mood for Indian food I recommand it. And if you like real spicy, try the lamb vindaloo.

1  Thank Jacques_Alex
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The service we received was excellent, and very prompt. The food was outstanding and the portions were very large. The prices were very reasonable for Ottawa and once I was finished, I only wanted more. Highly Recommended!! If you like Indian food and are in Ottawa, then this is the place for you.

2  Thank nativegeordie