“Fantastic!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: Sussex Drive
Transit: Public Transit can be accessed from the Rideau Center
Description: Our kitchen is the soul of our restaurant. Our menu reflects engaging flavour profiles and the changing seasons. Our goal is to provide exceptional cuisine and service that exceeds our guests expectations. Please note that the menu listed here is to provide a taste of the cuisine we offer, actual menu and prices will vary.
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Nice and romantic place, service was good and the food was GREAT! Definitely among the top 3 restaurants in Ottawa! highly recommended. We tried duck and steak both were super delicious. Look forward to my next visits.

Date of visit: February 2019
RestaurantE18hteen, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant E18hteen, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Thank you for the lovely review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! We too look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 7, 2019

We tried the 12-course tasting menu, which is a brand new addition - it was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The food was phenomenal, and the portions generous compared to what might be expected for a tasting menu. A few regular menu items made an appearance - the octopus was AMAZING! The service was warm and attentive, and the atmosphere is great. Nothing but good things to say about our meal at E18hteen.

Date of visit: April 2019
RestaurantE18hteen, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant E18hteen, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review you dinner. We are so thrilled you enjoyed the 12-course tasting menu! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Kimberly

Reviewed April 3, 2019

The ambiance of the restaurant is very nice. The service was perfect considering that we were a group of 18. I was very disappointed by the shrimp cocktail. I was expecting jumbo shrimps but instead I got small shrimps the size of the shrimp we get when we buy those Shrimps rings at the super market. The price for this was $21. so it is no surprise that I was expecting more than 5 small shrimps on a plate with a tiny bowl of sauce. The duck on the other hand was cooked to perfection but would have liked a bit more vegetables. It was served on a bed of white beans.

Date of visit: March 2019
RestaurantE18hteen, Manager at Restaurant E18hteen, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hi Nicki,

Thank you for your review. I have addressed your concern with our chef and we purchase colossal U-15 shrimp which are larger than jumbo shrimp so that should have been what you received. I certainly apologize for your dissatisfaction but I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your duck and our ambiance and service.
Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.
Best wishes,
Kimberly

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The ambiance and the service were first class! The appetizer.... cheese board and my wife’s caviar absolutely world class. Pricey too!! My wife’s lamb was according to her “pretty good”. My steak however was third rate at best. A $54 filet.... you’d expect a center cut tender piece of beef. What I got was a tough piece of butt end filet that I couldn’t easily cut with a steak knife!

We need to give this place another chance because so much of it was great.....but at these prices.... a butt end filet should not even be allowed in the kitchen.... never mind get served!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Had a business dinner here with a small group. Beautiful restaurant in the heart of the Byward Market. We had a set menu with a good variety. I staryed with the ceasar salad which was very good. Beef tenderloin main. The meat was perfectly done and the meal was excellent. Finished with a cheese tray. Attentive service. Definately would return.

Date of visit: March 2019
RestaurantE18hteen, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant E18hteen, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming your back!
Kimberly Ryan