“EXCELLENT”

The Wellington Gastropub
Ranked #127 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Exceptionally fresh and unique food that will not leave you disappointed. The menu changes daily and will keep you coming back time and time again.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

wonderful food and atmosphere as well as service. sorry I had to run and catch a plane - I missed my dessert but I will be back!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visiting my sister in Ottawa; the lucky bi-otch lives around the corner from this place?!!! Let's start with the first rate service: Sis sent me an email with the menu link. I LOVE arctic char when it's cooked right, and it was on the menu link, so I'm super jazzed up that I'm getting some. Two days later I'm in Ottawa and we sit down and look at the menu. TWO DAYS later. It's gone. No char on the menu! I almost cried, lol. I said "I'm going to ask if there's any unsold in the back". Sure enough, they accommodated us. This has now only happened twice in my life! We order it. While we wait, I ordered the crab cakes and the waiter even knows how to match BEER with the food. Nailed that too! THE best crab cakes I ever had, 10 out of 10. My brother in law loved the Angus reserve rib-eye, and my sister and I both agreed the Char was 10 out of 10. Just an incredible visit; best at any restaurant visit this year. Can't recommend this place enough.

1  Thank Rink64
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place not only has a great venue but just about everything else too. The food is fantastic, the scallops were delicious, and the selection of beer and wine is great (the sample beer tray is awesome) and the staff were very friendly and helpful too, check it out!!

2  Thank diTo14
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to the Gastropub last Friday night with my two daughters and had a great meal with great service. We had tuna tartar, potato-corn soup, beef strip loin, beer and wine - all good. Busy place with a good vibe.

2  Thank repeteOttawa_Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

HIGHLY recommend this place. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Next time I'm in Ottawa, I will DEFINITELY go back!

1  Thank Darrell S