“Best Shawarma in town”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We eat Shawarma quite regularly and have a couple of places we regularly frequent. I had heard this place was good so I googled best shawarma in Ottawa and this came up multiple times. It's true-the servings are huge and quality is excellent. We always share a mixed plate (hubby and myself) and sometimes we feel like there wasn't enough food for both of us but this was certainly not true here. Hummus was creamy and delicious, a generous amount of meat, potatoes and rice was provided and salad was fresh and crispy. Very affordable meal for two and healthy as well.

We went on a Friday night at about 9:00 and the place was pretty busy. Many different types people were eating here too. Someone mentioned that this was a Harvey's restaurant previously which is true. It is not a fancy place by any means but it's Shawarma not French cuisine.

We'll be back very soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted to try chicken shawarma before we left Ottawa. So we went to the Shawarma Palace at 2440 Bank Street. It's not a seat down restaurant, but the atmosphere is great. We waited approx. 30 minutes in line, but I gotta say it was well worth the wait. The staff behind the counters were great. Very happy to be their and served out BIG generous portions. You can split the one meal between 2 people. One last thing, the food tasted great. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When it comes to Ottawa and Shawarmas, we seem to have a vendor on every corner. Some are good, some are bad (and some are very very bad). The Shawarma Palace is the absolute in Shawarma experience (and if you don't believe me, ask my Dad, he eats 4 a week). The Restauraunt is clean, the food is fantastic, and the staff are exceptional.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my favourite place in all of Ottawa when it comes to shawarma. I love their potatoes because they're the only place that doesn't serve them in a puddle of grease.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

They had a big menu with lots of choices. Great tasting food and fast service. Although we had take-out the restaurant was big with clean and comfortable seating.