“I keep coming back because it's the best!”
Review of Shawarma Palace

Shawarma Palace
Ranked #244 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Ottawa, Canada
“I keep coming back because it's the best!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been going to the shawarma Palace with my wife for more than 10 years almost weekly. The shawarma chicken plate is awesome. You are more than full after eating this plate. It is the only Lebanese restaurant on Rideau that always has a line up but it is worth the wait! I also like the falafels, the beef and the chicken liver sandwich. Again, the only lebanese restaurant I found who serves chicken liver sandwichs and Ayran (yogourt drink). I always leave satisfied when I walk out of that restaurant and it is a big detour for me since I live in the outskirts of the city. It is well worth the drive.

• Visited April 2012

Toronto, Canada
“best shawerma in Ottawa”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

great service! big portions and amazing food. will always keep going back

Visited March 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Still best food in town, place needs an uplifting”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I used to be a regular at this place, now I've moved out. I stopped to get a bite, and although this place goes through different ownerships like no tomorrow, still they have the best food in town, hands down.
The place would really benefit from a facelift, also the staff could use some more courtesy. otherwise, their food rocks.
If you are in for the food, give it a shot, the ambiance not so much.

• Visited February 2012
Ottawa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow ! can't finish a plate”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Try sharing your plate with that special someone! food is tasty and the portions are Huge!

Florida
“really good Shawarmas”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The owner chatted while preparing the shawarmas and gave me little samples of the meat. He was justifiably proud that the chicken was so moist. I concur, the meat is top quality and the fixin's are plentiful. Creamy garlic sauce was light and really garlicy.

Visited October 2011