“Not as good as before!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
“Not as good as before!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been going here for over 20 yrs but the last several times the food has not been as good as it was and a huge disappointment. We ordered take out this time and even though they always had great naan bread, the past several times it hasn't been as good - too dry and not at all as it should be, the lentil daal was watery, and the curried vegetables had a burnt taste. The owners of this place are always very friendly and pleasant, but they are not always there now. I hope this restaurant gets back to making their food as good as it was before. Recommend that you eat at the restaurant and not get take out.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Beach4ever4me

Ottawa, Canada
“My new favourite Indian restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First time visit to the Light of India turned out to a very satisfying dining experience for us.
I had Bangalore Pal chicken and my wife ordered the lamb biryani, while my mom ordered chicken Pasanda.

Service was friendly and efficient. Food was nicely presented, Portions were more than adequate and attractively presented. A warming rack was brought to the table to keep the food warm.
My Bangalore Pal dish was perfectly spiced. I like it hot and it was. A level above vindaloo in terms of heat, not too hot. Enjoyed this immensely.
My wife and mother were happy with their dinners as well.
We had a nice chat with the owners and left with plans to return to the Light of India soon.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank ZepManSam
Ottawa
“Always awesome”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant at leat a dozen times, and have always left happy, and full! the service is great, and the food is delicious! if you are looking for great, authentic Indian food in the Ottawa area, this is the place to go!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank momwithcamera
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am a repeat customer and this place has continuously provided great food and an enjoyable experience.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Spoon F
Ottawa, Canada
“A friendly neighbourhood spot!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

For some time, this has been the place for Indian food in the Glebe, including take-out. There was a steady procession of men carrying out dinner on a Friday night. Despite being seated at 5:45pm , we found the service slow as the kitchen coped with the demand. The food is obviously good, especially the naan, and so are the prices. We have been for dinner several times in recent years, and have always enjoyed our meal.

• Visited November 2012