“Great food, service was okay.”
Review of Restaurant Joy - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurant Joy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, service was okay.”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

First time to Restaurant Joy for us.

Fantastic food (although, we didn't have any sushi like the other folks that've provided reviews). You get what you pay for. The portions were appropriate for the pricing. You didn't feel cheated, in any way.

Service was friendly, but wasn't speedy. To be fair, our server seemed new. We'll know for sure when we go, again, as it's definitely worth a return trip.

Nicely decorated & intimate space.

Toronto
“Just okay - might look around more next time”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This place was ok but a little disappointing. Their sushi was decent but they didn't have any good party trays, their smallest one had mostly rolls, including one with cream cheese in it (yuk). RIce was flavourful but a little hard.

Their tempura was flavourful with larger-than-average shrimp, but was very heavy and greasy. Their bulgogi dinner has decent flavour but was a soggy mess with assorted vegetables in it (never seen so many veggies in it before). Udon soup was probably the best thing we ordered.

We waited a good 15 minutes after the time they told us our order (take out) would be ready, yet the place was not busy at all. Restaurant interior was cozy, seemed nice enough.

Beware of the parking lot next door - it seemed run-down and abandoned so I just waited there while my wife picked our order up. Then suddenly a car drives up, a guy gets out and demands $5 from me. I told him I was just waiting and he told me to park in an alleyway. So if stopping for take-out, don't take your chances with it, as there must be neighborhood snitches there.

Better yet, look someplace else for Korean or Japanese food. We probably will next time.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best sushi I've found in Ottawa.”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

The best sushi I've found in Ottawa.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This little gem is a Korean/Japanese fusion restaurant. They have great sushi, bibm balp, and bulgogi. My favourite...”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

This little gem is a Korean/Japanese fusion restaurant. They have great sushi, bibm balp, and bulgogi. My favourite restaurant in Ottawa

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The sashimi bento was delicious.”
Reviewed May 3, 2008

The sashimi bento was delicious.