“Cold steak - Wrong Order” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Ottawa Manor

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Ottawa Manor
Ranked #91 of 2,709 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, ON
“Cold steak - Wrong Order”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Let us start with the good. My wife had filet mignon (medium) and she loved it. As well, she loved the garlic mashed potatoes and the pepper and aspargus though fairly plain was edible. Two things she did not like were the Tiger Shrimp on a stick (she likes them drier) and their signature dessert mocha ice cream cake. The bread and butter served at beginning was very good though my wife eats gluten free.
Now the bad, the NY Steak (rare) was refrigerator cold in large part of the center - pretty rookie mistake for a a steakhouse they obviously did not allow the steak to sit long enough at room temperature before cooking. Nothing ruins a steak dinner like a cold steak (I did not complain though - just will avoid all Kegs in future and never ever recommend to family and friends). It is my second bad experience with the Keg there will not be a third. Second bad thing, my order was wrong, I also ordered Oscar shrimp and scallop in a sauce and got instead the Tiger Shrimp on a stick (I do not like them dry so this wasn't too much of a hardship). The asparagus was, however, dry and inedible and I hated the signature dessert as well. Oh and I should mention the crappy high traffic seating as well.
Over terrible experience, but as it was a couples night out etiquette demands you just grin and bear it and don't come back.

• Visited February 2013

Gatineau, Quebec
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

OK I thought the food would have been much better but to my surprise it was horrible. I had a new york steak and it was almost cold. My friends had another type of steak and they also complained it was too cold. My friend ordered a shrimp appetizer and they found shells in it. At least the service was excellent and the manager was very nice and apologetic. He gave us free deserts.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
“Service Xmas Eve.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

P Lafleur
We had made reservation for Xmas Eve. It was my son Birthday .Who is 38 years of age. We had reservation for 7:30 .We were not able to make until 7:40.We did call to say we would be a little late. Arrived was seated and was served right away..
The waitress did let us know .That she was hoping to make it to Xmas mass.Which we thought that was fine.. Unfortunately we were rushed. Our bill for 4 people was $285.00. The food was great. We were out of the restaurant by 9:20 PM.
Idid called the owner on this situation .Stating what had happen to us. He was very understanding. He said I will call you Mon.Which he did and handle our situation .
Would I go back of course .Due to the good customer service we had from the owner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank patricialafleur384
Pontiac, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice date place, relaxing good food, pricy but worth it. Good family gathering good service. Would highly recommend to anyone who visits our city.

Visited March 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The steak there is delicious. I should probably experiment and try a different plate but I always get the goat cheese on my steak and it is to die for.

Visited September 2012