“Can't wait to go back!”

Ahora Restaurant Mexicain
Ranked #113 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went here after a few friends recommended that I give it a try. My boyfriend wasn't keen on the idea (it was for our anniversary and he seemed underwhelmed by the idea of tacos for diner.) It was colourful when we went inside. The ordering system is different where you have to order at the cash register - we had no idea so we waited at the table with our menus until the table next to us "showed us the way." However, we were not disappointed with the place. We can't wait to go back. The fresh cilantro and salsa at the bar were an added bonus to our plate. My salad and tacos and enchiladas were delicious! My boyfriend tells anyone he knows to go and we're eager to go back.

There are newer reviews for Ahora Restaurant Mexicain

Reviewed May 31, 2013

On first blush, this basement restaurant on Dalhousie Street in the Byward Market looks unimpressive: chintzy decor, basic seating, and counter service (servers deliver the food to your table after you order and pay for it).

But Ahora offers the best Mexican food in the Ottawa area. My favourite dish is the Ahora Platter, which consists of a large, well-stuffed burrito and a choice of any two sides of beans, rice, or salad. Well-priced and filling, it satisfies.

Their margaritas come from a Slushy dispenser, but are satisfying.

Count on waiting for a seat if you arrive at peak lunch and dinner hours. But the wait is worth it.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Chicken was burnt. Overall the food seemed dry. There are a lot of better places for good mexican food, I wouldn't visit this place again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Splendid atmosphere, good portion size. The vegetarian burritos were full flavored and filling. The tables were pretty crammed but it added to the atmosphere. The staff were really friendly. You have to order at the front desk and not at your table which we weren't told right away we got the food really quickly once ordered.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ahora is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Byward Market area. The tortillas are nice and fresh, the salsas fresh and available in many heat levels and the staff is friendly.

The only drawback to this venue might be the size which is cozy.