“Wonderful restaurant for an inexpensive after-work dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ahora Restaurant Mexicain
Ranked #145 of 2,713 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful restaurant for an inexpensive after-work dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I often go to Ahora's on days when I want an inexpensive meal out after work. The restaurant is a bit confusing at first -- you need to order at the cash and they bring the food over to you. But staff are friendly and the food comes quickly. I find the food to be fresh and I especially love the salsa bar. The restaurant is certainly nothing fancy, but the colourful walls and decorations are fun. It gets pretty busy here and seems to be getting more busy in the last couple years. Last time I was there, we waited 10 minutes to get a table for two, but it's worth the wait. I've been going back for the last few years and expect I'll continue to eat there in the future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thesparkes

“Easy to miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

There's not much of a storefront, so it's easy to walk past this place. The food is good. I know many who rave about it being the best Mex food in Ottawa, but I don't think that's true. For me, it's like Mexican fast food. It's good, cheap, fast, but seating is limited.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ser333
“Bottled Sauces”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The salsas were from a bottle, prices were high, quality and quantity we low. Very disappointing. Atmosphere was nice though. Service was ok, the waitress was more interested in reading the newspaper than serving.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carole S
“Plain, bland food... awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I will NEVER go here again. First of all, I found multiple hairs in my food. Secondly, the service was not helpful. They couldn't explain anything on the menu. Lastly, the food I received was clearly old and very dry. The flavour was bland, as though it had no seasoning. For a restaurant that is ranked so highly in Ottawa, I was shocked. I would never, ever recommend wasting your time or money here. Go to Feleena's in the Glebe instead.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Julia K
“Good but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has great atmosphere and is very charming. The food is good but average. Not the best Mexican restaurant I've been to.

3 Thank Jordanprincess