“Good but nothing special”

Ahora Restaurant Mexicain
Ranked #109 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has great atmosphere and is very charming. The food is good but average. Not the best Mexican restaurant I've been to.

3  Thank Jordanprincess
There are newer reviews for Ahora Restaurant Mexicain

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A little hard to find because of the small sign and door. Walked in and down the stairs to a warm welcome. Food was ready quite quickly even though the place was packed. Taste was good too. Not very spicy, but not bland either. I would recommend this place. My kids loved it!

1  Thank Ara Y
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Ottawa. Simple authentic mexican food (not tex-mex), resonable prices, and a salsa bar!
My only complaint is it is small and is almost always full when i try to go, and when i have hungry kids to feed I usually canot afford to wait.

2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant several weeks ago and ordered the burrito grande with steak. My dining companion ordered the burrito grande with chicken. We split each of the burritos to get a taste of both. They were okay; not great but not bad either. Given the choice I would order the chicken since the "steak" consisted of small beef strips that were dry. I liked the salsa bar but was disappointed that guacamole was not included and cost extra.
If I go back, I would order the nacho plate as an appetizer. Several people had ordered that dish and it looked good.

2  Thank Christina K
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Although mexican food is one of my favorites, it should, like any other cuisine, be done properly.
I had the burrito grande. The tortilla was cold, barely cooked, dry. The rice was warm..ish, dry, and not especially tasty.
Well... Ottawa is not the place for mexican food! Too bad

3  Thank QuebecRpj