“Cute little basement restaurant”

Ahora Restaurant Mexicain
Ranked #101 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is cute, the service is good. it's in a basement under a thai restaurant (Sweet Art) which is also a great place. Very friendly. Only been there once, but would go again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you are looking for a quick and authentic Mexican meal all at an affordable price, look no further than Ahora. We were wandering around Byward Market, starting to get hungry. We checked the reviews and this one had a stellar rating. It's in the basement and doesn't look like much. Without the many positive comments, I think we would have given it a pass. Very glad we stayed. We both had the chicken burrito and the Mexican Lemonade. The burrito was light, not oily and the flavours were subtle with just the right amount of heat. The food was quick (you could see and hear them making the food). The rice was light and perfectly cooked. I'd go back next time I'm in town.

1  Thank BigTalk
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice small and casual place located in a basement. You are sited with a menu, when ready you go at the cash to order and they bring you the food at your table when it is ready. The food is good, as well as the Margherita. They have a nice salsa bar. I return whenever I go to Ottawa.

1  Thank Isa_R_Montreal
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fabulous Mexican food. And none of it will hurt your wallet. It's a great place to have friends or family over and to enjoy the meal together. It's a busy place so just keep in mind you won't always find the best seating.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location is a basement, the place is rather small so do not go in big groups. The food is fairly good: I had worse and I had better mexican. The atmosphere, with such a busy place, is nice.