“Interesting”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Westboro Village
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you're tired of the 'boring beef plus cheese plus tomato and lettuce' hamburger, you will love the Works and their 'out-of-this-world' creations. Things you wouldn't imagine in a hamburger, (but that actually enhance the taste) can be found here. More expensive than the classic burger, but worth the money

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Over the years I've been to The Works in various locations in Ottawa. I really enjoy the tower of onion rings that they're famous for. As well I enjoy the hamburgers with lots of fresh toppings like avocado, tomato etc...This recent visit in Orleans I tried the chicken quesadilla because I wan't in the mood for a burger (and I really like quesadillas). It was great! Lots of chicken and cheese. Had some green onions too. Sour cream and salsa on the side. My husband really enhoyed his hamburger and shake.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my Friday night hangout. Pricey but they give you a hefty amount of food. great drinks. They have takeout which is a bonus. I would recommend this to anyone who is hungry enough to actually finish the meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They have many varied types of burgers,
You pick type of burger(beef, chicken,veg,etc). Then many topping choices or whatever you wish. Type of bun(white, whole wheat,etc) Also have sides, deserts. large burgers and tender as done just right. Also have non burgers for those wanting something different. Great food and good décor--far from fast food place.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I like a good burger as much as the next meat-eater, but I can't get excited about any of The Works' locations. My experience at any of them, whether I`m on my own or as part of a large or small group, is uniform: the service is indifferent, the food is good but way over-priced, and the ambience is nothing special. I've gone back each time thinking this would be different, that this would be the time I "got" why so many people love this place, and each time I reach the same conclusion - that this local chain is a triumph of marketing.

You`re in Ottawa and you want a great burger? Go to Dick's on Merivale Road, or the Mayflower Pub on Elgin Street.

2  Thank VRMurphy