“Terrible food, too crowded to have a good service”

Cora's Breakfast & Lunch
Ranked #171 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed November 25, 2013

5/5 of us were really disappointed with our plates. It was just bad food.
- Hollandaise sauce is thick cold jelly
- poached eggs are served with a well cooked dry yolk
- Most of the fruits in the plates weren't ripe enough to eat

It's not just overpriced, it's bad.

Also, it seems they were understaff for a Sunday morning. We waited quite a while to be served (even for a glass of water!).

I rather eat anywhere else next time.

1  Thank Stacy911

Reviewed November 21, 2013

You certainly won't walk away hungry from Cora's. There was a good selection of delicious fresh food breakfasts. The service was friendly and fast. If anything, the serves were TOO large. Half as much, at a lower cost would be perfect.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very expensive & limiting for non meat eaters. Staff weren't obliging & the smallest substitution was denied.Get with the times & add some turkey or veggie sausages.Other places are more modern & happy to provide gluten or carb free choices.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant is very average; the prices are average, the service is average, the food is average... just a plain old breakfast place! I find most dishes to be too sweet, but overall, very ordinary food.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hi,

I love to travel the world when I can and eat good food for the value. Unfortunately Cora (no longer Cora's) has started up-selling items on their menu like cheese on eggs and they now charge .50 cents for maple/table syrup. What ruined my breakfast experience is that they never told me this when I ordered the pancakes. Another person dropped off maple syrup on my table and said "They are 0.50 cents each". This upset me because they never told me this before I ordered the pancakes.

This is not about 0.50 cents, this is about the calm relaxing Cora breakfast experience. It's more of a "how to maximize their profit" rather than a fun family breakfast experience with creative dishes and fun fruit. The up-selling of many products has ruined the experience.

Quality of bacon is now cheaper - thinner slices with more fan than meat.

Sausages is now cheaper - more fan than meat. Very disappointing experience.

Egg breakfasts - I don't know about you but when I ordered a 2 egg breakfast, it never looks like 2 eggs

Blueberry Pancakes - they taste very bland and the blueberries are not sweet.

Maple/tabe syrup - Now .50 cents a pop and looks a little watered down and not thick like something you would get at the store. Very disappointing and it doesn't even taste that good.

I've been going to Cora/Cora's for years and they really went down in 2013. I'm sure it's to maintain prices because of the global cost of food going up. Regardless of their reasons, it's no longer the same Cora experience I remember from years ago. My partner and I won't be going back.

I'd rather go to Denny's or Eggspectation (#1 choice) where it's always awesome.

2  Thank Martin R