“Nice group evening. ”

Order Online
Ranked #225 of 3,298 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We recently celebrated a colleague’s retirement here and everyone had good things to say about their food. I had the beef tacos which were very flavourful as was the wheat beer that was recommended by our server which was on special. Colleagues had fish tacos, a veggie bowl, crispy chicken sandwich, local burger etc and everyone left full and smiling. The ambience is nice and casual and it’s fun to watch the open kitchen if you’re facing that direction (which I wasn’t but this is what I was told )
Also found everything to be very reasonably priced. Will definitely come back with my Hubbie next time !

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (203)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

very first time here, the atmosphere is very good and the service was outstanding. Had the double patty hamburg and it was the very best I have eaten. the burgers were super moist and not over done like other places. The prices were within line of other places.

Date of visit: September 2019
joeyrestauarants, General Manager at LOCAL Public Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow, 5 stars! We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience. Please say hi the next time you’re in as I would love the opportunity to meet you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here with friends and enjoyed my experience. Service was good and so was my meal. Portions are average to above average however so is the price. As well, on a Sunday night the average age of guests is teen to mid 20’s so it definitely catered to their palates and taste in entertainment. No dividing walls so very loud and a little hard to hear when they are full with guests.

Thank you!

Sunday nights do get a little rowdy after 10. I appreciate the feed back.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Great food portions , Poutine was very sloppy but service was an average aspect
. Good ambience and a great feel of a pub and casual dinning

Date of visit: August 2019

Thank you Amit for your feedback. It really helps us improve our business. We hope you’ll be back to give us another try soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2019

Great Diablo burgers, mini tacos, sweet potato fries, and crafted beer. Great service. We'll come back for sure.

Date of visit: August 2019
joeyrestauarants, General Manager at LOCAL Public Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019