“Love it at Zaks!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I go to Zaks every now and then with a friend of mine! We really enjoy the food at the restaurant. It has a diner like atmosphere! The prices are really great! We get our food really quickly! We always have a good time at Zaks and we always say how we will continue to return there for the many years to come!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Recently stopped here with kids in tow while wandering around the Byward Market. It's a busy diner but there is a lot of activity going on, and the wait staff were fun and friendly. It is a very kid friendly place- it even said so right in the window. I don't think the food was anything special, on the other hand it wasn't bad. There is a huge selection on the menu, and the food comes out quickly. It wouldn't be a restaurant I especially seeked out, but if I needed to stop for a quick bite or the kids were saying they were hungry while in the area, I would stop here again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When Zak's first opened, it was a great place to eat and the atmosphere was wonderful. The place now looks a bit seedy, the menu has changed substantially, the waiters are a bit sloppy and the food is average.

It's a cheap place to eat but not one where I would take an out-of-towner to dine.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can I say? The toast was not toasted, The bacon was limp. It was busy so others seemed happy enough but I thought it was a bit of a "conveyor belt" breakfast.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

this place sucks when it comes to customer service,the food is average to OK , but the people who serve you do not know any thing about customer service, they are rude and un-polite , the place is in down town Ottawa, so not a good place for a family dinner, I dont recommend this resturant