“Average, uninspired”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Average, uninspired”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

2 couples went to this restaurant based on the location and the reputation. We were fortunate enough the other couple were young chefs, and we were looking forward to some great food and great service. We were very disappointed overall. The lady that sat us looked like she was in a bad mood, sorry, but this is your job, smile and be pleasant. I asked for room temperature water because I had a sore throat, and the server made it clear that this was a problem as it was out of her normal procedure. Every time she filled my glass, she pointed out that this was room temperature water in a snide way. We shared an antipasto plate, it was just dropped off and not explained what was what. We've been to restaurants where everything was explained with enthusiasm. Very cookie cutter plate. The pizza wasn't much better than a frozen pizza. One pasta dish was completely smothered in sauce, too much. One past dish had almost no sauce. The mussels were excellent. The menu is dated and uninspired, I feel sorry for the chefs, cooking the same thing day in and day out and it shows. I restaurant of this caliber and price should change up it's menu to keep people coming and to keep the chefs interested. The food felt like it was cooked by short order cooks. When you get a menu with the pages covered in plastic, it gives the feel of a diner. When you get a bill this size, you expect to be wowed, not disappointed. We will not be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BigSwede62

Ottawa, Canada
“Great Service & Reliable Dishes”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm a frequent flyer at this location & also regularly order take out dishes. Winning appetizers include the prosciutti & pear, bruschetta & calamari; skip the artichoke dip as I find it bland & tasteless. Their salads aren't anything out of this world but they do use fresh ingredients.

For a main dish, the thin crust wood oven pizzas are delicious; I suggest adding prosciutto for some extra zip (the prosciutto they use is lean & fabulous). The penne vitorria never disappoints, linguine carbonara is rich & tasty and the linguine a la Sophia is perfect , nice & light but full of flavour.

To satisfy your sweet tooth, the molten chocolate cake is out of this world, individual portions that packs a chochocolate punch. The creme brulee is also a creamy, yummy winner. Others worth mentioning are the tiramisu & cheesecake.

Vittoria's has a decent wine selection (by the glass, 1/2 bottle, full bottle) at reasonable prices. They also offer an amazing selection of premium liquor & great cocktails --try The Big Chill, you can't have just one!

Great decor in both the dining room & bar area. Staff are friendly & professional, perfect venue for both small & large parties. If you're only 2, try eating at one of the high tables in the bar area--great seats by the large wall of windows.

Visited December 2013
Ottawa
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant. I was there with an office Christmas party. We were a group of roughly 30 people.
The service was fantastic. Very responsive, even given the size of our party.

I had the salmon in dijon glaze with snap peas and carrots on rice.
Salmon was perfectly cooked, rice was very flavourful.
I heard nothing but compliments from others on the food.

The only downfall of this restaurant is parking is a nightmare. Some folks had to park a block away and walk.

Ottawa, Canada
“As usual we loved it!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

As a group, we repeated the experience for our annual Christmas party. Once more, we celebrated in style. The menu is complete enough to please every one. The garlic mussels are the same year after year, of course the chef is the same, which explains that we are never disappointed. the service is very good and they do not resent it if you do not like a dish. They do not even charge for it, pleasant reaction!

Of course, we will go back next year ... and their place is handicap friendly with good bathroom and plenty of parking.

Kandahar
“Mediocre, as usual”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

One of the few 'nice' restaurants in this part of town, I come here occasionally for office events. Whether for lunch or dinner, it is consistently mediocre: food is uninspired, service is (mostly) friendly and competent. Too bad, as the decor is nice and the restaurant could be a much bigger attraction if the kitchen were better and the servers well trained. I suspect the absence of competition is the only thing that makes this place popular.

1 Thank BladeKandahar