“adequate”

Ranked #129 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay close to home and this is only 20 minutes away. We've been here before, when they first opened and it hasn't changed much. The hostess was terrible, even rude, the server good, the food good, but nothing I'd rave about. If they had background music it couldn't be heard. They do however, have an excellent wine cooler. The restaurant is on a busy road and I don't understand why they didn't chose to decorate with blinds to shut out the street traffic. I might go back with a group of people but not with my husband. The atmosphere was too loud, too open.

1  Thank WISHIWERERICH

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently I went there for a girls night out and it was a fantastic night. First of all the girls hadn't seen each other in a while so there was a lot to catch up on. The waiter would come and ask us if we had questions/decisions but he was not overly pushy. It was a busy Friday night so they probably were hoping to turn our table around quickly but we ended up being there all evening and they treated us like we were top-customers!
All of us had rave reviews on our food and the wine recommendation was exceptionally good that night. Great night out had by all!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

What a fantastic meal at a beautiful restaurant. Located in the market district, this restaurant offers a incredible variety of Italian dishes that are to die for. I had their Caesar salad, chicken parm and pasta. It was awesome. A dish to be enjoyed every time I have the chance to return. I. Will be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My work team choose to lunch yesterday at this restaurant. I had a Carbonara that did not taste at all like one. I had many times that dish in Italy. I was introduced to it by a family that was for many years in the restaurant business. Other thing I didn't like was that the tip was already included in bill. The tip serve as a way to reward or not the service. Imposing it is dictatorial a self rewarding.
I'm not returning to Vittoria Trattoria voluntarily.

1  Thank AFdez
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my first time at this location.... invited to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. Had great service, good food and wonderful wine. Found good value for the money. Will certainly go back and try some of the other tempting dishes. Made for great evening... !