“We were treated like family”
Review of Vittoria Trattoria

Vittoria Trattoria
Ranked #167 of 2,736 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“We were treated like family”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tonight I went there with two mentally challenged women and my husband. We booked very early, and asked for a table near the back, out of the way. From experience, this works best. The table we were offered first I felt was a bit too exposed and asked to be moved. Done in a flash. We were treated with exactly the right combination of respect and humour our group needed. Both women have medical needs. The first thing was to get their meds. I asked if they had yogurt, surely not a common request in an Italian restaurant. Presto, 2 small bowls of yogurt and spoons. Full marks. Next, i asked for one of the fish dishes to be divided for the two women, with no sauce or garnishing, plus an order of cannelloni to be divided between the two plates. No problem. (I have been charged $5..00 extra in other restaurants for this, after a hassle!) Our server took the time to listen to each of the women, one of whom has a speech problem, to understand what she wanted to drink. Full marks. And a side dish of spinach? Of course. And served in two small dishes. Unbelievable. And my husband's and my food was outstanding, as was the wine, which was very reasonably priced. My family went to Vittoria Trattoria for years when it was in the Glebe, and miss it very much. But having the experience we had tonight, compared to some we have had with the women who were our guests tonight leaves me in tears. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Patty d

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Average at best”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my fourth visit to this suburban restaurant and I must confess I still don't see what people see in this place. The food is average and the service is professional but certainly nothing extraordinary.

The menu has the same old Italian dishes every other Italian restaurant offers and it's served up without even a hint of creativity. Even the wine list doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary.

The many hard surfaces also make for a very noisy atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Ken A
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food was exceptionally tasty! The service was attentive, and unobtrusive and the ambience was charming!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sandlakemeg
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Amazing italian food, the best in the capital. I highly suggest it, I have been there many times. Reserve in advance. A little pricey, but definitely worth it. Good choice of wine too.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Laurie J
Ottawa
“Yum”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What else can I say about Italian food but yum! VT does a great job of the selection, the taste and the service! I wish I could go there more!

Visited April 2012