“Great Wine, Great Food”
Review of Vittoria Trattoria

Vittoria Trattoria
Ranked #14 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Casselman
“Great Wine, Great Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were walking through the Byward Market in Ottawa looking to feast on something when we stumbled across this gem in the market. We walked in and front that point were immersed in a world of food and wine that went well into the night. I am afraid to say that the atmosphere got the better of us and we had to take a cab home. I have to admit, the dining and wine pairing were spectacular, a must do while in the Market.
Fairly pricey but worth the spend!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Place!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of my favourite places in the market area. I like the Veal Marsala and the Prosciutto & Pear. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great lunch”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were in Ottawa after Christmas and chose Vittoria as a lunch option while wondering around the Byward Market. The room has character with bare stone walls and a very high ceiling. The menu is quite extensive with many salads, antipasti, pasta, meat and fish dishes to choose from. I shared the bruschetta with my son (good and plentiful but the toast could have been warmer) while my wife thoroughly enjoyed the carrot and curry soup (the daily special). For my main course I had the Alla Nonna pasta (penne with chicken and veggies in a light cream sauce - quite good) while my son had the penne with pancetta and mushrooms (which he gave an enthusiastic two thumbs up).

We found the prices to be reasonable for the Byward Market and the service good.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Love that Smoked Salmon pasta!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had lunch here today, and ordered the smoked salmon pasta, and oh man it was sooo good! Best meal at a restaurant in Ottawa in a long time!

State College, Pennsylvania
“What a find! Like Preston Street but in the suburbs.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was looking for a great Italian restaurant but did not want to brave the snowstorm to get downtown. I was prepared to 'settle' as a result, but was delighted that we did not have to. This was a great evening--lovely selection of both food and wines and excellent service in a really warm and nice atmosphere. It was full when we made a reservation, and I can see why. If you want to treat yourself to a really special night out this is the place.