“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vittoria Trattoria

Vittoria Trattoria
Ranked #15 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Ottawa, Canada
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped for supper with a friend. Didn't have a reservation, but there was room upstairs. Not too busy when we arrived, but was full on our departure.
Downstairs is cozier and more romantic, but don't expect it to be quiet. Upstairs is less formal and suited to group functions as well as individual dining.
Staff were helpful with recommendations and explanations.
Curry steamed mussels were excellent, as was the soup of the day. Dinner special (pasta) and Veal Piccata were both excellent. Good sized portions served hot and fresh.
Seems to be a great place for either a romantic or group outing.

Ottawa, Canada
“Always my favourite retauarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If I had to pick my favourite downtown Ottawa restaurant, this would be it, although you might find my review boring since I always order the same thing - Fromaggi Pizza (thin-crust, delicious and enough food for a 200lb guy like me).

This is the place I also come with my staff for luncheons, my wife for special occasions, and I even hosted a NATO dinner here with members from 12 NATO nations. Everyone has always complemented me on my choice. The food is always delicious, plentiful and well priced. Service is always impeccable from start to finish.

Toronto
“Delicious food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great meal here. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere is wonderful. The food was expertly prepared and yummy! My one and only complaint was the wine list. While it was very impressive and extensive, I didn't feel there were enough "lower priced" bottles. I didn't feel the wine prices were in line with their food prices. We did find a good $40 bottle but most started at $50... that's just a little rich to pair with an $18 entree. Having said that, we would definitely return and recommend this restaurant.

Ontario
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Found what we thought was a tiny little italian restaurant in the ByWard Market. It's actually huge and serves some great authentic italian food.

Visited March 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Great nice little Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love Italian food and this was one of the best if not the best in Ottawa. I can't remember the names of the dishes but I never disliked any of the choices given by the waiters ...

Visited January 2013