“Bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro

Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 2,710 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
latuque
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had souvenir of a great fried camembert and wine at this place years back.Well it was allright but everything else was below par.The oil that comes with the bread is cheap vegetable oil with herbs.No parmesan ribbons on our caesar salad,everything else ordinary and then they try to bill us 2 camemberts,2 caesar salads and a full bottle of a wine we had one glass....???You hope it was and accident but 3 errors on one bill,you remain with a doubt it was voluntary...Maybe i am to
generous with my 2 stars.Will never return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Better than I though it would be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband & I went here during our vacation in Ottawa and were pleasantly surprised! The food was better than we thought it would be. I had the jambalaya and it was pleasantly spicy and the seafood was cooked perfectly. I enjoyed the house red wine with it. My husband had the spicy pizza, I forget the actual name of it, and he really enjoyed it too. Service was good, although the waitress hovered a bit but I think she had to, part of her job description. We would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kim L
Kenner
“Good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was wandering the ByWard Market area looking for just the right place to eat. I wanted to eat local (or somewhat anyway) I normally wouldn't have stopped at a wine bar because I don't like wine. But the menu looked inviting, so I went in. SO glad I did. I was a little surprised that the table next to me ordered jambalaya. Being from New Orleans I wouldn't be ordering that in Canada (although I'm sure it is acceptable). So I ordered Prince Edward Island mussels - YUM!!! And they came with fries, something I don't normally order, but these were actually pretty good. Dessert was Grand Marnier crème brûlée. FINALLY get some good crème brûlée on this vacation. Wait staff was present, but not overpowering. Would definitely go back and recommend it. Reading other reviews mentioning jazz - it wasn't playing when I was there, but would love to be there when it was.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MAP12
Gatineau
“Definitely will return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just strolling in Market area, which we don't do often enough, spotted the sign and $14 Fries with the Side of Steak and Caesar salad on their menu, flashed on a comment a co-worker had made off-handedly about it being a great place she used to go to when it was a $9 Steak/Frites and we gave it a try and loved it! Hey, inflation happens, and $14 was an amazing price for what we had. Great dipping oil, good fries, delicious and generous Caesar salad and really tasty steak cooked as requested. My husband's had a bit too much gristle but hey, for the price! Complimentary cheese selection from 3-6 Sundays-Thursdays meant I had blue cheese to add to my steak! Heaven on a plate. Looking forward to cosy visits in this warm cellar atmosphere come fall and winter.

• Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Jazz and Shiraz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The live jazz set the tone for our Sunday evening visit to Vineyards on York Street in Ottawa's Byward Market. Their wine flights offer three samples served in a traditional wooden flight-base accompanied by a tasting sheet and pen to record your notes. Our attentive server brought a basket of fresh bread and a delicately herbed oil, perfect for cleansing the palate between wines. We sampled two flights during the evening, our most memorable being 'International Allstars' consisting of a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, Pedras Do Monte, a 2009 Shiraz, McGuigan - S.E. Australia and finally a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon - KWV Paarl - South Africa. A lovely way to cap off your weekend - a Sunday evening with jazz and some excellent wines.

• Visited June 2013