“Respectable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Southern Cross Restaurant - CLOSED

Southern Cross Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Windsor, ON
“Respectable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went there this weekend with a friend for dinner. Other than a group watching the World Cup, we were the only ones in there. Either everyone was at Bluesfest, or something was off. The one female staff that we saw was attentive, making jokes, and having fun. The male that was working seemed like we were interrupting the game. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't overly welcoming. The food itself was good - we had fish and fries. No complaints. The beer was solid. The restaurant looked nice, no issues there. I'd go back again, just not during an event.

• Visited July 2014

Brampton, Canada
“Overpriced, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went for breakfast. We both had the two-egg breakfast and also ordered coffee and the bill came to $28, which we found a little surprising especially since we are used to much larger portions at restaurants that serve breakfast. We are also used to breakfast specials that include the coffee in the price. I don't know, maybe we're just spoiled by the places we go to at home.

My coffee cup wasn't clean - small piece of foodstuff on part of the rim. Had I pointed it out I'm sure I would have been offered a new one, but I didn't, I just wiped it with my napkin.

The server was funny and quirky, and provided fast service.

Although the food tasted fine, it was not great and it also wasn't a lot for the price we paid. We came here for the convenience of it being so close to our hotel, and we were so hungry. If you're in a pinch you could go here, but if you have the time I recommend exploring other options in Ottawa as there are many better places.

Visited July 2014
Oakville, Canada
“So So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

It was pouring outside so I decided to just go here as it is a part of the Radisson. The food was OK. I'm not sure what their target is but they had a bit of mexican on their menu and a few standby items, pasta, fish& chips, etc. Service was laid back but comfortably paced. The quality was OK, nothing to rave out but nothing to complain about.

• Visited June 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“What I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Located in Radisson so made it easy to dine and sleep.
View to outside very pleasant.
Had 1 supper (steak dinner) and 1 breakfast. OK, nothing extraordinary.

Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Very accommodating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Not bad for a hotel restaurant. Some unique dishes. Chef made a special sauce for my dish since I couldn't have their usual. Service was laid back but friendly. The wait was long since apparently the chef messed up a couple of the orders. Decent enough. Better than most chain restaurants but not as good as some private restaurants.

• Visited May 2014