“Great food but prices are higher than they should be.”

The Fish Market Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 2,736 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Ottawa's first and still most popular fresh fish restaurant has proudly been serving Ottawa locals and global travellers since 1979. Our Canadian Maritime themed restaurant features fresh Nova Scotia lobster, Alaskan crab legs, salt water shrimp, deep sea Scallops, PEI mussels and the best assortment of Fresh Fish available anywhere. Our menu also offers up a lovely assortment of non fish & seafood fare.Our heritage building located in the very heart of the historical Byward Market features three unique dining and bar facilities. In the loft upstairs is Coasters Seafood Grill our casual dinning room offering up "Ottawa's best" fish & chips, and all you can eat PEI mussle specials.In the cellar is Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro Ottawa's original and very popular wine bar. Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro offers live local jazz Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings no cover. Our award winning wine bar features over 300 wines, 80 by the glass, 200 imported beers, an extensive scotch selection and fantastic fresh bistro fare. Reservations are accepted in all three restaurants and large groups welcome. We truly are the fish and wine experts in Ottawa's Capital City! Hope to see you today!
kelowna, BC
“Great food but prices are higher than they should be.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved the food, had good service and would definitely go back. Only complaint was the prices - definitely expensive for what it was. Guess they figure they can inflate them due to their location beside the Byward Market.

Will probably go back next time I'm in Ottawa.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal with amazing service from Brianne.
The food was very tasty and fresh. My steak was done to perfection.
Brianne was a lovely girl who made sure we were well looked after.
We will definitely go back.

sudbury
“ok in the market”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

all you can eat mussels on Tues nite, fish and chips not very tasty , however lobster grilled cheese was a hit

Visited November 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice place for a date”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

It's dark and above another restaurant. Neat atmosphere. The food is okay. I rated it "very good" mainly because if you sit by a window, you can people watch in the market. Always a fun thing to do! There's a fireplace, and the place looks nice. Kind of expensive if I remember correctly.

Visited December 2011
“Had a rather enjoyable experience”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

On my business trip to Ottawa I decided to have dinner at the Fish Market this past Wednesday, just me and my lonesome self. After a long day of meetings I was just looking to relax, unwind and did not want to be hassled. My waitress was very polite, respected my space, shared interesting chit chat and most importantly was timely with her service and gave great recommendations.

I had a dozen oysters to start, served raw, they were good, would've liked fresh horseradish, but the waitress was kind enough to bring me some prepared stuff anyway. She suggested Tabasco with my oysters, and I must say I rather enjoyed them that way. As my main I had the fish stew, as recommended by the waitress. The stew was well presented, had a little bit of everything and the broth was absolutely divine! It was probably the best meal I have had all year! Hats off to the chef!

I would have liked to have some desert but had no more room. I asked my server for a nice place to go to afterwards and she suggested the wine bar beneath the restaurant. Another great recommendation, I had myself a little wine tasting and enjoyed the smooth music! Thanks to my waitress and the good people at the Fish Market I thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Ottawa and will be back on my next trip!

2 Thank d-prosser15