“Disappointed”

Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited the Black Tomato for dinner after hearing a lot of hype about it from many people. I was disappointed as soon as I walked in. The space is very dated and crowded. Very strong odour coming from the kitchen (grease). Bathrooms were disgusting.

Prices were okay. I wasn't impressed with the chicken dish that I had. Lacked flavour and presentation. Service was not that great.

Will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013

Oakville
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This gastropub boasts great atmosphere, with exposed stone walls, a good selection of local microbrews (Beau's and Kitchissippi, among others), and great food.

Kitchener, Canada
“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My brother and I shared a mussel dish for starters. Fantastic. My lamb in a maple sauce was wonderful. The setting is fantastic. Old rustic/historic feel. Clean and wonderful service. Our meals for two with wine and appetizer was $100.

Toronto
“Great ambiance and food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice casual but hip place with beautiful exposed stone walls and modern art. They said they dont own a deep frier and i consider it a plus. 6 of us had lunch on holiday Monday and all from the red pepper soup to the spicy chicken salad and grilled cheese sandwiches for kids were really good. The waitress was great and super efficient with refilling our water glasses. I highly recommend.

Dalhousie, NB
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch, nice menu, I love daily specials!! I always pick them... Weird setup when you walk in, have to walk thru the side kitchen... Good for for the market and reasonably priced...