“Decent Restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My first time in Ottawa. I decided to try Indian. The restaurant is decent. The hostess was very polite and always smiling and never left our glass (water) empty. Food options are less compared to other restaurants in MA, USA. Beef curry was delicious.

1  Thank sameshar
There are newer reviews for Sitar Restaurant

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ok I am Indian and the food here was really really bland. The portions were too small for the price. The service isn't that great but not horribly bad as I have seen worse . It's family owned and our order was taken by the wife of the guy behind the cashier and the woman was a ditz. And to our surprise the daughter arrived shortly after we were seated whom we had seen 2 hours before staring at us on Rideau St. Vacationing from America this was a total disappointment!!! Wish we had gone somewhere else...

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a big fan of Indian cuisine and Sitar's is where I get my fix because no other Indian restaurant has come close to it as far as flavor authenticity. I also admire the care that goes into making the food shine. I have never had the buffet but everything we have ordered on the menu has been of great quality. I have always found the food to be fresh and delicious.

The restaurant is clean, the decor fine, but the atmosphere is a bit quiet for my taste. I do take out for the most part.

1  Thank amart106
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We aren't picky but this was a complete waste of money! Cold food, bad service, bad environment , bread and cheese would be much better! Cold food! Tiny portions, very oily. Don't waste your money ! We were too shy to leave .

1  Thank Ehsaneh L
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I like going to this place after a movie at the Bytown since it is quite close. The food is well priced and the portions are generous. The only thing missing is a Sitar player!

1  Thank Gordon K