“Average Thia Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Took the family out to Siam Bistro for some authentic Thia as per my son's request. We arrived a little before 7:00 on a Wednesday night and this place was pretty packed. Not a lot of seating so if you want to dine in I would suggest making reservations. There were only two servers working the entire restaurant although very friendly they were not capable of being attentive of all their dinners needs. We ordered spring rolls, chicken satay, a coconut shrimp soup and a mango salad for starters. These dishes came fairly quickly piping hot and were enjoyed by my family for the exception of our mango salad that didn't arrive until well after our entrees had arrived. When I inquired about the salad I was told that they serve it as an entree unless we specify otherwise (which I found weird but did not protest). Our main dishes came out piping hot as well. We ordered two pad thia's, a Thia fried chicken and a red curry chicken dish. The waitress had also suggest we order rice with our main entrees because they did not come with our meals. The food was very average and if I can even say nothing that I couldn't get at a fast food thia take out in a mall. I was expecting something a little more elaborate with the main dishes we ordered. The mango salad was probably the only dish I was really disappointed with because of the excessive salt in it - almost un-edible. The waitress indicated that because we had requested it not to be too spicy, the salt over powers the plate. Pay attention to your bill we got charged for an extra rice that we never received. Overall, it was ok - would it be my go to place for Thia - not very likely.

3  Thank DineWithDi

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Have eaten here for 20 years. Everything on the menu is great. Seating is limited and a bit tight so make reservations for peak hours.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love Thai food, but it is not always done well. This place does it very very well. I have to pick up take out whenever near there and they are open since we live about 90 minutes away and have NO Thai options.
Small place so make sure you reserve if planning to eat in

1  Thank katzmeow13
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went to this place on Friday. The place is small but don't let that fool you. Reservation is highly recommended as the place is very popular by civil servants who work in the area. Every meal comes with spicy soup that is delicious. The selection are plenty and I had the pad Thai and it was yummy! My friend had the coconut chicken and it was equally yummy! We completed our lunch
With their ginger tea and it was a perfect lunch all in all. If you're looking for a Thai place in Ottawa, this might be it! Try also Thai Express at the St. Laurent Market or Rideau Centre where everything is made for you right before your eyes in less than 5 minutes for a price that is unbeatable. We would definitely go back to Siam Bistro anytime!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have eaten here many times and the food is always very good. Service is friendly and they always seem to be rushing around to make sure everyone has what they need. However takeout is always an issue. When ordering they consistantly tell you it will be ready between an hour to an hour and a half. On this trip I was about to order takeout at 7pm knowing I'd get the standard response and we would be eating between 8-8:30pm. Sure enough "One hour, 20minutes". My partner then said "Why don't we just head over?" We had our usual order of the fried shrimps, soup and green chicken curry and rice and were back home at 8:15pm. Worth it for Thai food, just don't order takeout if you're in a hurry. If you are, Anna's on Holland has takeout ready in 15-20min.

1  Thank Yakster007