“Unique dining experience”

Shanghai
Ranked #1,528 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Website domain appears to have expired. Try their myspace page to get in contact: http://www.myspace.com/shanghai_restaurant
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Kwan family make you feel like you are part of their family. Genuine heartwarming friendliness. The ambiance, delicious food and friendliness draws me back to the Shanghai every time I'm in Ottawa. It can't get any better than this.

There are newer reviews for Shanghai

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love it here especially the ambiance which is like being in your hip cool Grandma's pad...and the food..we had the dumplings, the hot and sour soup, spring rolls, general tao's chicken, vegetable teriyaki fried rice and a fruity smoothie with vodka...yum...then we sat back and the resident Asian drag performer named China Doll entered to start karaoke...what a trip....fun and funny that over the top and real singer I think..she sang "Shop Around" I guess words of advice for the big bachelorette party that was there that night...it was packed there all night long as we sang drank until early hours....I can't wait to book a party there...apparently you gotta book in advance...good times had by all 4 of us...summer fun indeed.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I used to live in Chinatown and made almost weekly visits to this place. I am vegetarian and they have a lot of delicious options - my parents have been going on their 'date nights' there for over 30 years. Love the ambiance, and the food is delicious. The only downside is that sometimes things are a little greasier than they need to be, but I never leave feeling let down. Not extremely cheap, but not overly pricy either. Excellent friendly service. Also their bingo nights are fabulous.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place is fun. fun, fun... From DJ nights (and yes, I have been seated and eaten at the turntables!) to drag-queen events, the Shanghai is a family run institution.
The dumplings are a must (maybe eat just them!) and the crispy, spicy ginger fish is excellent as well.
A must do for a fun night out.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have gone there for karaoke on Saturdays but ordered delivery for the first time last week. Wow. Huge mistake. Prices are about 20% higher than other places ($12.95 for cantonese chow mein, etc) We were told it would be 40-60 minutes because they were busy, which was fine. One hour and 40 minutes later I called and was told they had " just left."
When it finally got here, we only noticed after we paid and the guy left that they screwed up and charged us for a dish we didn't order. And the portions were generally half the size of what they typically are at other takeout places. But no matter, the food was practically inedible. Are "good" quality (re: normal quality) chow mien noodles really too expensive?? Because I'm pretty sure we got ramen. It was all terrible.

1  Thank Canadian09876