“Great food for a New Year's Eve dinner”
Review of Shafali Restaurant

Shafali Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food was great here! When they say spicy, they really mean it (no joke). Nice romantic atmosphere, friendly staff and great decor.

Would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

2  Thank Trvlbug31
There are newer reviews for Shafali Restaurant

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I love a good curry and this place did not disappoint! I had the lamb madras and it was spicy and delicious. My husband had the mixed tandoori plate and (for a non-curry lover) was happy too. The nan was a bit too doughy for our liking though.

1  Thank CaseyMac81
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We enjoyed lunch at Shafali, although the traditional lunch menu was so limited, we almost left until our server produced their full menu. I ordered the chicken vindaloo and my husband ordered the chicken biryani. Our server warned us that the both dishes would be spicy, and she was not wrong! We enjoyed the meal thoroughly, but if you're not into spicy, order a milder dish. The naan and appetizer (chicken korma) were also excellent. The decor was a little kitschy, and we only saw one other table full while we were there, but we still enjoyed our meal and hope to visit again.

1  Thank balhui
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

You guys should try one time atleast i love the music and almospher of this place people who really love the curry you should go to shafali. Excellent service the waiter knows the professional way to serve...

1  Thank Eric0076
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Try curry and pint
Wounderfull. Every time I visit to Ottawa I do come to Shafali its worth it to visit

1  Thank yousu