“Love the soup, and the rest of the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Royal Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Pakenham, Canada
“Love the soup, and the rest of the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've visited a few times, and whether it's spicy or mild you're after you'll find something to suit your taste at Royal Thai. My favorite has to be the coconut and shrimp soup though; I've been known to go on a cold day and have a few servings of this rather than only one and other dishes. It's a must-have on any visit.

The location is convenient if you're shopping in the Byward Market and it's only a short walk from the Rideau Centre too. The service has always been quick and courteous, the prices are reasonable, and I've yet to have a meal I didn't enjoy.

• Visited September 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had pad thai and did not like it. I didn't even bring it home. It was too thick and overpoweringly spicy. This was my first thai experience and I was not impressed.

Ottawa, Canada
“Dependable Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We are never disappointed with our choices. One can choose from either the Chinese or Thai menu which is a bonus. The hot and sour soup with coconut milk is divine. The Pad Thai is also a winner.

Visited July 2012
Gatineau
“Good food and service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We are more or less regulars and have been going there for years. Their food is constant, nicely prepared and presented. The member of staff-owners are forever welcoming. They have since joined Imperial Palace located diagonally across the street.

Visited November 2011
Dartmouth Ca.
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

we were there this week.Great service good thai food. The service was over the top. The food was great, decor a bit dated but I don't eat decor