“Good food but slow service and crowded restaurant”
Review of Pelican Grill

Pelican Grill
Ranked #38 of 2,766 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual seafood bistro with a fresh fish market attached. We are only interested in serving the freshest fish and seafood we can get!
Ottawa
“Good food but slow service and crowded restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Nothing to say about food but excellent. The lobster bisque is awesome and the fish and ship as well. It is unfortunate that some dishes are made with pork.
The service is very slow and our server did not care. He had a wound on his finger that was squirting blood and did not bother taking care of it. He stained one of customers shirts with blood. He was extremely slow, so slow that we did not order desert as it was late.
The place was packed and it was very difficult to circulate without someone hitting chairs.
It is worth it to eat at this place but some adjustment are necessary.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Me M

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Super fish restaurant in Ottawa”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went with friends for lunch and were wowed by the great fish that was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced. Lobster roll was "the best I have ever had" said my wife. Located in a strip mall it seems a bit odd for such a place. But this place is a fish market with a restaurant on one side. Fresh fish you can buy and take home or move into the restaurant space and enjoy it prepared for you! Wonderful concept. Will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank JudyandDave
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've been meaning to sit down and give a rave review for the Pelican Grill. First, I feel that this a hidden gem in ottawa. My husband took me there, and it was the best seafood in Ottawa I've had. Their fish, is amazing and the lobster is always cooked to perfection.

I love they have a market because their clam chowder and lobster bisque is amazing and I always grab some on my way out.

The service is amazing, if you ask them about the photographs on the wall they share their stories and tales - making you feel right at home.

I've also gone for Brunch and did the lobster eggs Benedict. It was pricey, but the portion size was HUGE and well worth it. Their lunch menu is great too, always simple foods but they elevate them and again I've never had a bad dish here. We've gone many times to this restaurant, we've brought friends and recently celebrated a birthday. The server overheard and brought out a free dessert. The only complaint I've ever heard is one shrimp dish they left the tails on, and two people in our party wish they knew because they would of asked for them to be removed as it was a bit of a pain, and messy for them to do themselves.

Overall, try this restaurant especially if you love fish and seafood - you won't find better or fresher in Ottawa.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank krysd
Ottawa, Canada
“best fish and chips”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went here Friday night on a whim. At first we were denied a table since we did not have a reservation but as we were walking out, John our waiter came back to announce he found us a table if we were sure to be done by 8pm ( it was 7.10 or so). We assured him we would comply.
Very well prepared haddock, a pink creamy coleslaw side and chips just right. Tartar sauce ,of course.
Add a half litre of wine and presto, we are sold.
Thanks for coming back for us, John.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank twowheelfever
Pembroke, Canada
“Fish shouldn't be this good in Ottawa, but it is”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We had business visitors for a week and after trying this place they wanted to come back every day! The fish is fresher there than it has any right to be in Ottawa. Well prepared with great beer and wine selection.

7 Thank Aidski