“Amazing Seafood”

Pelican Grill
Ranked #33 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A casual seafood bistro with a fresh fish market attached. We are only interested in serving the freshest fish and seafood we can get!
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A friend and I went for lunch. I had the Fish and Chips and he had Oysters & the Lobster roll (new on the menu). All was served as asked for and was delicious.

Service was great, friendly and efficient. All was clean. The house Red and White wines were very good and well priced.

Best in Ottawa. We will be back.

5  Thank JohannOttawa

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is my second review of this excellent fish restaurant. I had a magnificent dinner with three friends some months ago and and reported how impressed we were by the standard of service and the superb quality of all our meals. I vowed to myself that I would return soon and have a simple lunch of fish and chips. I did this today, 24th March 2014, and was impressed by a really well prepared clam chowder and the freshest haddock and chips I have eaten since arriving in Canada in 2006. The batter was extremely light, the chips hot and crispy and the fish superb.. I would have believed them if they had told me it had been caught today. Also the shop attached has the finest selection of seafood, I was tempted, and bought some freshly smoked salmon and smoked haddock for a kedgeree I plan to cook this week. I shall certainly be back here again soon and congratulate the owners and staff on an international standard establishment.

5  Thank Limwhite
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Best seafood I've ever had. I got the special which was a pasta with mussels and salmon. Also got the lobster poutine appetizer which is a MUST TRY. Fish and chips are also amazing. Atmosphere is perfect for both couples and families.

3  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We are regular clients of Pelican Grill since we discovered it after our move to Ottawa five years ago. We go to Pelican every time we are craving for seafood because they serve the best in Ottawa. Certainly, we don't love all of the meals in the menu but their oysters, lobster poutine, crab cake, fried squids, fish and chips, bouillabaisse, scallops are definitely the best and always deserved 5* rating. Their house wine is surprising good as well.
We are quite surprise to read some complaints in this forum because we always have the best meals and excellent service every time we were there. The lively ambiance of Pelican reflects what's supposed to be of a good restaurant. A $13 discount from Groupon since last year is definitely a bonus to add more oysters to our diner.
We are putting a review of Pelican today because we simply want to say Thank You to Mr Foster for his effort to keep the family restaurant open and to all the staff for their excellent services.

4  Thank Simba-Begin
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to try something different last night and found the Pelican Grill by searching the Internet for some of the best seafood restaurants in Ottawa. The meal started with crab cakes. They were very tasty, but lukewarm and should have been a bit warmer. On to the main dish. I ordered the mussels and frites. The mussels were perfect, but the fries were over seasoned with salt. Easy fix. My husband had the paella which he thought could be improved. His philosophy is this: if you serve a dish requiring a fork, prepare the food accordingly. For example: remove shrimp tails, serve chicken pieces rather than a full thigh or leg, and cut the sausage large enough that it won't be toughened by the cooking process. All in all, our experience with the Pelican Grill was enjoyable and we will be going back to try other items on the menu.

3  Thank Emily L