“Pelican Grill”

Pelican Grill
Ranked #33 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A casual seafood bistro with a fresh fish market attached. We are only interested in serving the freshest fish and seafood we can get!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

A friend recommended this place and I went with her. Such good service, excellent service. I could not decide what to have and server was not even bothered just kept coming back to get the order.....Loved the chowder and the crab cakes.....Place was so busy but they never rushed us. Then one day was out with another friend and the resturant we wanted to eat at had a 25minute wait. I suggested Pelican Grill as it was not far away but we did not have reservations. Arrived after the dinner rush and only had a 10 minute wait. We each had a different meal but told waiter we were going to share, he brought extra plates and cutlery. Again fab meal. My friend brought her husband next night for dinner. loved it.

2  Thank msm1990

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Food: The halibut was over cook so it was dry, could not finish
Service: did not get any dinner roll with my $50.00 dinner. My waiter look like a kid, brought 2 glass of wine with his hand instead of a tray.
Price: they charge 4 star prices but have a kid give u 2 star service.
Well maybe I went on a bad day or the chef is off that day.

1  Thank ChungLai
Jim F, Owner at Pelican Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the Pelican Grill. The youngest server that we employ is 25 years old and he has 5 years of excellent service under his belt. I guess he would qualify as a "kid" compared to my old bones but I would have never thought of him that way. I would encourage you to communicate to your waiter if you are not enjoying your meal. Like most restaurants we genuinely want to serve our clients the best meal we can. We would have been happy to replaced your meal had you mentioned the problem when we checked in. The offer still stands if you would like to contact me directly. Thanks, Jim

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

excellent service - easygoing, funny and professional, great food, good wine... there is not much more to say. overall one of the better experiences we had in north-america. definitely worth trying!

2  Thank tripgeron
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great meal at the Pelican. Professional and helpful service was prompt. The food was reasonably priced and tasted delicious. My halibut was excellent. We even enjoyed the laid back decor....retail outlet was a part of the restaurant...the mall location only added to our experience. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank Les W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A good local restaurant, we've typically been in on Friday evening. It's busy, because they have a decent menu and kitchen. I've never been disappointed by the meals we've had there. My only complaint might be the price and serving size for wine by the glass, but then I have not compared it to other restaurants.

2  Thank Guy W

Been to Pelican Grill? Share your experiences!