“Brought here via Groupon, will definitely go again!”
Review of Pelican Grill

Pelican Grill
Ranked #36 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A casual seafood bistro with a fresh fish market attached. We are only interested in serving the freshest fish and seafood we can get!
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ordered several appetizers between our group: the lobster bisque, new tempura shrimp and lobster poutine. All exceeded expectation! I had the wild shrimp with pumpkin risotto, and it was the best, most perfectly cooked shrimp I've ever eaten. Other guests in my group also really, REALLY enjoyed their food. I'd never had creme brulee before, so we HAD to try it, because we'd heard that it was amazing. We were not disappointed. Left feeling very full and very happy with the service and atmosphere of the place. Will definitely go back again.

1  Thank Christine A

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I dined in only once but absolutely will do it again. The lobster and mussel are super fresh and delicious. I ordered a spaghetti with seafood which includes lots of Salmon, lobster and mussel. The sauce is just perfect. It's full of people and I think that is the proof of delicious food.

3  Thank julia y
Reviewed November 9, 2012

These guys know how to take care of you. That's not even mentioning the food. Recommend the daily special.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent service and fresh food. we enjoyed the service and cozy atmosphere. family-run which is nice too.

2  Thank Donna W
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After reading all these good reviews, I was excited to take my friend there for his birthday. It was a busy night and I don't know whether they were understaffed or just we weren't lucky, the service was slow. It took 20 minutes for our server to take our drink order by then we were ready to order. I ordered fresh oysters and were surprised how small and shriveled up a few of them were. I love fresh oysters and have never been served such low quality oysters. Our server didn't come back to check in on us until our mains were served so I did not get a chance to really say anything. Our mains were okay. We both had fish which were cooked well but not excellent for the price. Glad we went but don't think we would go back again. There are other amazing restaurants in Ottawa for this price range.

2  Thank Destinbride

Been to Pelican Grill? Share your experiences!