“Worth a try”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Worth a try”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a spontaneous visit after driving around Ottawa looking for somewhere nice for a special gathering. I was first attracted by the ample off-street parking, however, it looked so dark from the outside that we thought it was closed. It's a little dark inside too, but has an overall good atmosphere with an "authentic" feel. You can expect a likeable staff, lots of choice and large servings. Most of the group enjoyed their choices. A fussier member felt that although it's not over-priced, it's expensive enough to expect a little more of a "wow" factor, especially from the standard offerings (rice, potatoes, souvlaki). Perhaps we should have asked for recommendations like we did for the wine which was right on. Overall, we were not dissapointed with choosing Mystico.

• Visited January 2013

Quebec City, Canada
“An excellent greek restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently ate at this restaurant with my family. The food was excellent especilally the lamb souvlakis and the baclavas for dessert. The service was friendly but a little slow on a busy friday night

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank martineco
Ottawa
“Good meal if you know what to expect”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

They did a great job with the renovations. The place is cozy and the floor plan was good.

At first, I thought the prices were exceptionally good, but the type of food you can expect here can be similar to a Greek order-and-go food place, with a few exceptions. Overall though, with the low prices and cozy atmosphere, this is a great place to grab a meal as long as you are not expecting 5-star Greek food.

Service at the time we went was good.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank getawayOttawa
Guelph, Canada
“Nice meals and appetizers”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Often in Ottawa for travelling, we do go to Mystico. The staff is friendly, and efficient. The meals are nice. We have tried several things on the menu and are pleased with what we have sampled. I would recommend this restaurant- pleasant atmosphere, serving nice Greek foods. Probably the only item I would change is that they serve only Greek wine (although I can see they are trying to be Greek). Really enjoy this restaurant. Note: Check hours on weekends- it seems they only open for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank J_travelB
Ottawa, Canada
“Greek food at its finest!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is probably the fourth time I've been to this restaurant. I love the entire experience, every time. It is a small restaurant run by a family who can be seen there every day. The service is exceptional, the food is authentic - in fact, it is better than the same dishes I've had in Greece. It has a warm ambiance as well. The owners always remember me which lends itself to the friendly atmosphere. I last went on a Saturday night. We had a party of 4 and the restaurant was full - as it always is - and we all agreed that everything ordered that night, including dessert, was exceptional. I say this is one of the hidden gems in the city!

• Visited November 2012