“Nice meals and appetizers”

Mystiko Greek Kitchen & Wine Bar
Ranked #126 of 2,855 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Often in Ottawa for travelling, we do go to Mystico. The staff is friendly, and efficient. The meals are nice. We have tried several things on the menu and are pleased with what we have sampled. I would recommend this restaurant- pleasant atmosphere, serving nice Greek foods. Probably the only item I would change is that they serve only Greek wine (although I can see they are trying to be Greek). Really enjoy this restaurant. Note: Check hours on weekends- it seems they only open for dinner.

2  Thank J_travelB

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is probably the fourth time I've been to this restaurant. I love the entire experience, every time. It is a small restaurant run by a family who can be seen there every day. The service is exceptional, the food is authentic - in fact, it is better than the same dishes I've had in Greece. It has a warm ambiance as well. The owners always remember me which lends itself to the friendly atmosphere. I last went on a Saturday night. We had a party of 4 and the restaurant was full - as it always is - and we all agreed that everything ordered that night, including dessert, was exceptional. I say this is one of the hidden gems in the city!

5  Thank thesaucyredhead
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went here for dinner on a Saturday night. We got the app. selection - pick any 4 for sharing, $11/person. It was a good deal and the appetizers were delicious and worth it. The home made greek sausage, dolmades, taramsalat (extraordinary! Must try this...) and smelt.

They have a nice, affordable wine list with a decent selection for under $40. The main course: we got the souvlaki and mousakka. Very traditional and nothing extra fancy.

Nice atmosphere for a get together with friends or a romantic dinner.

3  Thank eatPrayLoveTravel321
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the best Greek Food I have had since my time in the U.S Air Force in the late 1970's!! The tyro-pita and baklava were OUTSTANDING!!!! I loved the atmosphere and dining event the first time and am back for a full-course dinner!

2  Thank RockyTop1
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have dinned there a couple of times yearlyv for many years. Both food and service has always been great. Very good wines from greece, a nice authentic touch. The smelts are delicious and the spanakopita was excellent. For entrees the lamb and mussaka was very traditional.

1  Thank Marcel P