“I enjoyed my meal and the waiter was a blast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Palais Imperial

Palais Imperial
Ranked #659 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Weehawken, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I enjoyed my meal and the waiter was a blast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed our meal here. We were seated rather quickly for a busy evening and our waiter was efficient and fun. Yes, I said fun. As soon as I sat down he looked me in the eye and said "you look like you want a beer". Bingo! My daughter knows Thai better than I so I mostly went with her suggestions. My input was that we go with many appetizers instead of entres and there were enough to choose from. I had a good experience here. I hope you have the same.

• Visited November 2012

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went yesterday (1 Feb 13) with my wife for lunch @ 12:45pm, the height of lunch. It took someone 10 minutes to come ask for a drink, the place was only half full. We chose to have Dim Sum..... the first round came around fairly fast.... then we sat around for 20 minutes waiting for some more food. When some came around, it wasn't warm and the Dim Sum horrible. Then we waited till 1:23pm for more to come around, nothing came. The sever came over and asked if we were done.. I said 'no we only had 3 dishes' and she said 'oh ill get you a menu so you can order'.

I asked for the bill and left. Do not waste your time or money.

• Visited February 2013
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
“Amazing menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was hungry and had the urge for Chinese cuisine for the last few months and I had noticed the Palais Imperial in the last tears but just like the Black Tomato, never tried it...

When my daughter asked me if I felt like going out for supper, I said we should try this place on the Market and I knew the just loves Thai, so off we go... This was on a Sunday...

It was not that busy when we arrived around 5 o'clock but it gradualy filled up but not to capacity, probably because of it was Sunday...

Getiing back to the menu, it is absolutely amazing the choices you have to choose from and if you are not sure well Tom my server, was very helpful as well as very funny, he was just great... This is all around a great restaurant but not romantic and I would not and will not hesitate to recommend it to all folks visiting the Ottawa area...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank SunshineState100
Laval, Canada
“Great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went there while on vacation. We were taking a walk and looking for a place to eat supper and saw that this restaurant was very busy so we took a chance and we were not disapointed ! Their pad thai was great ! Great service and also affordable !

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A great combination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Thai and Chinese cuisine at it's best....

Four of us visited this restaurant and opted to order multiple items and share in order to sample as many offerings as possible.

It was great - each of the items were great. Service was friendly and fast, server was attentive and knew the menu thoroughly.

A must for anyone who wants to sample Thai at it's best! Fresh seafood for anyone who doesn't want chicken, pork or beef.

Make it an even more authentic experience by ordering an imported Chinese or Thai beer...

• Visited May 2012