“The New "Old" Newport”

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Westboro Village
Neighborhood: Westboro Village
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I love this place, nothing has changed except for the location and that is exactly how I want it. This is my defacto breakfast restaurant and has been for years.

1  Thank John R

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Saturday night reggae music. That was a great evening. Thank you for booking Ras Ly and friends. It was wonderful to dance to reggae music outside on the patio. This is a hidden gem in Ottawa, Ont. Best to call for directions cause the internet site for 'westborobeach cafe' says 745 Sir John Macdonald Parkwy, but there may be better places to park in neighbourhood.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We took our son for dinner - we ordered a large pizza which was plenty and an appetizer of zucchini stick. The zucchini was piping hot and the pizza was great - I normally order vegetarian but with my husband and son we ordered meat lovers - I still really enjoyed it. Plenty of cheese - good service, lots of regulars ...

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great pizza. Prefer to take it to go as the restaurant itself is not my style. A bit expensive for pizza, but worth every penny!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Everyone in Ottawa has eaten at the Newport at least once in their lifetime. Now that the old location has closed, the former Donna's Express is now the "New Newport", a smaller version of it's former self but still chock full of Elvis memorabilia. I had just a plain old club for lunch. While it's hard to screw up a club, improving it is another matter. Fresh roasted chicken breast, perfectly fried bacon, fresh veggies, crisp salad and great fries. That's all it is but the Newport gets the plain old club just right. Pizza coming out of the kitchen looked damn good and the place was packed at lunch. Staff seemed to treat everyone like a regular and most are or like myself will soon be. It's not gourmet but if good home cooking is what you want, the Newport is for your place. If you want gourmet, Gazeling is just down the street for 4x the cost.

1  Thank Yakster007