“Sushi Fusion”

New Generation Sushi
Ranked #67 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Combining Japanese culinary traditions with fresh, innovative creations, New Generation Sushi features a large selection of specialty sushi rolls to please all palates. All our sushi are freshly prepared and made to order.
Ontario
“Sushi Fusion”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at a hotel close to this restaurant and pass by this restaurant and gave it a try. Decor of this restaurant is quite cozy, if you do not eat Sushi menu is rather limited.
Tried 18 pieces sushi and I can say 6 pieces are authentic, rest 12 pieces are fusion. Salmon sushi were fresh, sushi with rice paper - usually only use in Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine. Miso soup is quit salty since they use twice as much miso to prepare the soup.
Sushi were freshly prepared and the chef prepared it nicely Service was good too.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Best Sushi? Really? Oh wait, it actually is!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Around the corner from my hotel, i went hoping for a good meal despite all the seemingly over-the-top trip advisor reviews. And as a traveller and frequent sushi eater, I agree with the previous reviews, this is the most delicious sushi I have tasted. Now I have seen everything.

Started with miso soup and mostly had salmon rolls, salmon and tuna sushi negiri.

Calgary, Canada
“Great sushi in Ottawa...go figure!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Many already know that Ottawa is not really the place to go for sushi. Heck, I would even argue Calgary's sushi is better. However after many terrible experiences with sushi in Ottawa, I stumble upon New Generation Sushi. The rolls were fresh and the sashimi melted in my mouth. The atmosphere here was modern and cool and there were plenty of unique menu items to order. Service was also prompt and attentive. I am definitely returning for a visit the next time I am in Ottawa.

1 Thank capebretonboy
Ottawa, Canada
“Ottawa's Best Sushi”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is always my go to spot for sushi! Everything is delicious and presented fabulously. If your in a hurry, call ahead with your order and they'll have it ready for take out or dine in.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Durnionme
Zele, Belgium
“Best sushi I've ever eaten.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

What an amazing experience. First of all, the owners and staff are extremely friendly. I parked wrong but they came out with me to open their own parking so I wouldn't have to find something else.

Now, I travel pretty much 50% of the time all over the world for work and I at sushi 1-2 per week. I have NEVER eaten better sushi than here. I took the Shangai, the Dragon Eyes and the Ocean. This was unbelievably good and I highly recommend it. Will certainly come back next time I'm in town.

• Visited August 2013