“Ottawa's Best Sushi”

Ranked #86 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Combining Japanese culinary traditions with fresh, innovative creations, New Generation Sushi features a large selection of specialty sushi rolls to please all palates. All our sushi are freshly prepared and made to order.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is always my go to spot for sushi! Everything is delicious and presented fabulously. If your in a hurry, call ahead with your order and they'll have it ready for take out or dine in.

2  Thank Durnionme

Reviewed August 18, 2013

What an amazing experience. First of all, the owners and staff are extremely friendly. I parked wrong but they came out with me to open their own parking so I wouldn't have to find something else.

Now, I travel pretty much 50% of the time all over the world for work and I at sushi 1-2 per week. I have NEVER eaten better sushi than here. I took the Shangai, the Dragon Eyes and the Ocean. This was unbelievably good and I highly recommend it. Will certainly come back next time I'm in town.

2  Thank Hans S
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant after asking our hotel concierge for a decent sushi restaurant near our hotel. The atmosphere is stark, clean restaurant. The waiter was quick and good service, not super friendly. The food was great! The portions were on par with most sushi restaurants, the presentation was delightful, and the flavours were fantastic . We had 4 small children with us and the wait staff were very understanding . Great meal and good value. I would recommend this restaurant if you're downtown Ottawa.

2  Thank fuzp
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm so lucky that I work a block from this place. It's now a regular haunt and a regular source for a healthy, delicious meal for those nights when I or my colleagues have to work late. (They have a great take-out menu, too.) It's got a modern atmosphere that's been updated in the past year or two. The service is prompt and friendly. It gets a good mix of sit-down and take-out. I've probably tried half the items on the menu and I've never been disappointed. Always fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. I've been there so often, I recognize some of the music a bit too easily, so maybe freshen the playlist a bit more often...but what a small thing to whine about! ;-)

1  Thank Doug0nTheRoad
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Earlier in June 2013 I ate here for dinner one evening while in Ottawa on business. It is conveniently located near downtown hotels, and other attractions so quite easy to get to on foot if you are in the downtown area.
The menu was large. I thought - had four different items - that the food was very nicely prepared and very tasty.
I would definitely go back to New Generation Sushi.

1  Thank J_travelB