“Fantastic sushi, great for sit-down lunch or take-out”

New Generation Sushi
Ranked #73 of 2,725 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Combining Japanese culinary traditions with fresh, innovative creations, New Generation Sushi features a large selection of specialty sushi rolls to please all palates. All our sushi are freshly prepared and made to order.
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic sushi, great for sit-down lunch or take-out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm so lucky that I work a block from this place. It's now a regular haunt and a regular source for a healthy, delicious meal for those nights when I or my colleagues have to work late. (They have a great take-out menu, too.) It's got a modern atmosphere that's been updated in the past year or two. The service is prompt and friendly. It gets a good mix of sit-down and take-out. I've probably tried half the items on the menu and I've never been disappointed. Always fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. I've been there so often, I recognize some of the music a bit too easily, so maybe freshen the playlist a bit more often...but what a small thing to whine about! ;-)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Doug0nTheRoad

Guelph, Canada
“Food was very nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Earlier in June 2013 I ate here for dinner one evening while in Ottawa on business. It is conveniently located near downtown hotels, and other attractions so quite easy to get to on foot if you are in the downtown area.
The menu was large. I thought - had four different items - that the food was very nicely prepared and very tasty.
I would definitely go back to New Generation Sushi.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank J_travelB
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The outward appearance of this restaurant is deceiving--it's non-descript and doesn't seem to draw you in. However, the food is so good. The owner was great at advising us on what to try. Try the sushi bites at dinner (not on lunch menu). Definitely worth eating here--the service, food and presentation all thumbs up!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Angie S
Toronto, Canada
“Sushi extravaganza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Love this place! The food is fresh, tasty and innovative. You have to try everything and I recommend the sashimi! Every time I go there, the food has been taken up another level,

Visited March 2013
1 Thank foodenator88
London, Canada
“Let down.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We arrived in Ottawa on the Labour Day long weekend and after reading up on New Generation I wanted to see how good it was. Well, we got to the restaurant at around 830pm on the Friday night and it was CLOSED!

If this is the best sushi place in Ottawa (as many people on here say it is) then why was it closed on the Friday night of a long weekend?!?

Visited September 2012