“I've had better cheesecake”

Memories Restaurant
Ranked #468 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Since 1983, Memories Restaurant has been well-known for its desserts - made on premises with no preservatives! A warm atmosphere featuring healthy meals such as our famous traditional Canadian quiche. Beautiful view beside the National Arts Gallery and Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. Conveniently located in the Byward Market in Downtown Ottawa - at the corner of Sussex Drive and St. Patrick Street.
Toronto, Canada
“I've had better cheesecake”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

To be fair, I've only been to Memories once. I was craving cheesecake, and heard they had good cakes. I got one slice of Lemon-passionfruit cheesecake, but I was disappointed with the flavour/consistency. I make cheesecake at home and prefer the homemade variety. Plus, I had to pay $9 for the smallish slice!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank RosaryLab

Iowa City, Iowa
“Inconsistent service and food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I visit Ottawa often and this was my third time at Memories. My first experience was fine. The food was very good, the dessert was delicious and the service good. My last two visits were disappointing. I was there during the lunch rush and in the early afternoon when I was the only customer & both times the service was nonexistent.

It took 10 minutes to order, the waitress never came back and we had to flag her down to get our check. My husband helped himself to water refills from the waitstaff's station. The pie was poor quality (woody rhubarb and soggy crust). I'm not sure I'll return.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mingo05
Orillia, Canada
“Great Little Restaurant”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Most of the restaurant is the outside patio. There is a great selection of quiches and salads. Service is a bit slow but tis is no problem if you are not in a hurry and looking for a place to relax and watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Go once and then pass by again later”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We loved the food here and although we had to wait it was worth it. Large salads with the sandwiches, great fresh presentation and ingredients. Soups were wonderful. We were so satisfied we couldn't sample the cakes or desserts, the solution, we returned later to huge slices of pie and cake and a tea. The BEST:))

Visited August 2012
Ontario
“Waited for a waiter”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tried to dine at Memories at 5pm on a Saturday, sat at a table inside for 20 mins with no greeting/service (yet there were at least 5 staff members on the floor, walking by us constantly).

We were the only table occupied inside (patio was half full).

I went up to the bar/counter to try and order something myself and was told I could not and that someone would come by to take my order. Remember we are the ONLY table occupied inside.

Gave them another 5 mins to give us a menu or something....nothing, we left.

Seriously? That (being completely ignored) has never happened to me before, anywhere.

Plenty of other restaurants in Ottawa's Byward Market with great service!

• Visited July 2012