“Average Not up to Previous Visits”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxwell's Bistro - CLOSED

Maxwell's Bistro
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Average Not up to Previous Visits”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

The food we received was of pretty good quality and the service was okay but very slow. There was only one server and it was quite busy. The disappointing aspect was that a number of items listed on the menu were not available. Overall just average and again slipping a little

• Visited June 2014

Moncton, Canada
“Very good brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Interesting menu, very good service, honest prices. Pleasant decor and atmosphere : what more can one ask for ? I highly recommand it .

Visited May 2014
Oakville, Canada
“Nice brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant in the pouring rain on our way to another restaurant. The food was good and priced well. They ran out of one of their brunch specials, just as we ordered, which was slightly disappointing. The service was efficient, but lacked personality. The hostess needs to be more aware of what she is wearing, as when she bent over to clean a table we had a great view! Overall, I would return as the food was of value.

Visited May 2014
Brantford, Canada
“Excellent coffee great brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Most things here are excellent. I highly recommend the coffee which is french pressed. Had some really good eggs benedict and a not so good salmon scramble (falls short of its menu description). Would love to one try their french toast but they are always out of egg bread :(

Visited November 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I am a month and a half late on this, but I wanted to publicize our Valentine's Day dining experience at this establishment.

It began with the restaurant being out of the specific wine that we wanted - a Malbec, I believe. Now, this happens - but it should not happen at 7pm on February 14th. Additionally, one should not have to wait for 15 min after being seated before drink orders are taken, never mind served. At any rate, it would have been no big deal if this was followed by a decent meal. Unfortunately, this was not the case. My husband's food was actually not too bad - special order that he arranged in advance, as he is a vegetarian. What I ate though - and I am not being hyperbolic here - probably constitutes the worst food that I have ever been served.

There was a set menu, and I ordered braised short ribs. The thin sauce that this one tiny piece of meat was braised in tasted of nothing but salt. It was accompanied by two battered shrimp, soggy on the inside and absolutely tasteless. All this was surrounded by a mysterious, slightly lumpy white sauce that tasted of nothing at all. There was nothing else on the plate, and the cost of this was, if I am not mistaken, $29. I don't like the amount of waste that goes on in restaurants, so I didn't send the food back, although perhaps I should have.

I realize that every person who takes the time to complain probably says something similar, but I have never actually never written a place to tell them just how bad the experience was. I simply do not go back to places that I did not enjoy for whatever reason. But honestly, this meal was so atrocious that I am just sincerely hoping that they won't be serving anything like it to anyone else.

• Visited February 2014