“Tradition and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a family dinner on a Sunday night. The restaurant offers a table d'hôte that includes a bottle of wine and a tradtionnally paced meal for 80$ for two. Others in our party chose à la carte. Some of the highlights were the lobster ravioli, the carpaccio and the manicotti. We appreciated the warm bread, olives and hot peppers that came along. The tiramisu and Mamma's special cake were more appreciated than the almond cake or cheesecake.

The atmosphere is calm and decor is heavily traditional. Being seated at a round table for 6 made conversation easier. The service was perfect with great attention given to respact the right moments to intervene.

I would happily go back with family but also with colleagues or for an intimate supper.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is like the "CHEERS" of Italian restaurants! Service is exceptional, drinks generous, and food never disappoints. OK bruschetta could be hotter. Very good wine list and great desserts.
My wife and I try and have at least one meal there whenever we visit Ottawa.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

In old home in heart of downtown. Busy and a bit of a wait in the small lobby. Interesting gallery of famous patrons. Good table but hvac system poor. Service fast and friendly but a few errors made. Food was good but a bit pricey. Staff helpful in calling a cab

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very enjoyable dinner for four. I had the hot sausage with linguini. It was among the best I've ever had. Service was classic and very attentive. The atmosphere had old world charm. Empty glasses were quickly removed from the table. You could get a little crazy with the costly wine if you chose but we were happy with the $40 bottle of red we had. I'd love to go back there and try some of their designer coffee appertifs. We had to pass up on that as we had tickets for a show. I'm looking forward to going back.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were celebrating a 21st birthday, so four of us went for an early dinner on Sunday. If we were not the first, then some other dinners got there earlier. It doesn't matter we had a part of the restaurant just for ourselves. We had all the attention of the maître D and all of the servers. we started with garlic bread and bruschetta. Some had beer and I had a glass of red wine maison, the wine was superb. Veal masala with linguine, prosciutto and fresh mushroom, it was succulent and tender. I could have not ask for better. One had the white lasagna, plenty of cheese and delicious. Cannelloni al Forno was equally delicious and Vitello Mamma & Fettuccine Alfredo all equally fantastic. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the service was excellent. I would like to thank the Gabriella for making our reservation for us. The wait staff were very attentive, we were given great service. Thank you to everyone who got together to sing Happy Birthday to our lovely daughter and serving her a piece of birthday cake. Mama Theresa is must for anyone who needs to have a fantastic meal and great service. This restaurant has been part of our family tradition for the longest time. I haven't been at Mama's in a very long time, I have made myself and my family a promise that we shall be returning more often. If you want a great meal, attentive service and please your family, or friends, try Mama Theresa you will not be disappointed. A big Thank you