“Excellent Dinner and service”

Mamma Teresa Ristorante
Ranked #77 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Notiing much I/we disliked.. The restaurant is within walking distance from the hotel.. a friendly welcome upon our arrival. We were a group of 22 and the service was very good.. No lag time, attentative and informative with their specials for the evening. With 22 people it would be a challange to manage, but the waiter was right on it. No problems, got it all right, including last minute changes..and the service of the different appetisers and entres was well timed. The food is Very good.. As we all had different entres, its difficult to pinpoint a specific entre. Everyone raved about theirs and we did as well. It has been a foundation in Ottawa for generations and been frequented by famous politicians and artists. If you want to experience and excellent Italian dinner .. you must visit Mamma Teresa's. I know we will again when in Ottawa..!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had the fried calamari (good and not too oily), had also the prosciutto, ok but not exceptional. Then, as main dish I had the plea food pasta that I hoped to be light but ended with a military style dish, very heavy. All the rest is nice.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had an excellent dining experience at Mamma Teresa's. Welcomed warmly , shown to a patio table, as requested, which afforded plenty privacy whilst being able to watch the world go by. Good menu choice both for food and wine, helped by our attentive and friendly waiter to make choices. House white wine (Soave) was very drinkable, my partner and I drank a litre of is very easily ! The waiter willingly 'personalised' our order requests and we were brought tasty bread and olives while waiting for our starters. I had the Stratiatella to start, my partner had the smoked salmon. Both dishes were very tasty. Our mains were lemon chicken with a side(yes a side!) of spaghetti bolognaise and a taster plate of 3 delicious pastas . With no room for dessert, we finished our meal with coffees and a limoncello.
A nice touch was the owner coming round the tables asking diners how their meal was and just generally taking an interest. You get the idea , not surprisingly, that there are many returning diners to Mamma Teresa's. Next time we visit Ottawa we will be back!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is one of the premiere dining spots in Ottawa. The food is outstanding, very well presented. The price match the level of quality. The décor is pleasant, located in an old hose you have to call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Vegetables that came with the veal were limp and tasteless. Salad lettuce looked like it had been in the fridge for a number of days. Food was fairly average overall, but overpriced given the quality.

Service and atmosphere were decent.