“A summer day in the gardens”

Mamma Grazzi's Kitchen
Ranked #999 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food was just delicious and the service was excellent. The environment is charming and if you are lucky when you visit Mamma Grazzi you will have a front seat to Ottawa at it's best. A Timeless place to relax.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ok environment, in the basement. The bread served at start was really nice,
Really attentative refilling water. Most of us had pasta, it was ok, nothing more,
Nothing less. Will probably pick a different place to try if in town on a worktrip.

1  Thank L8eson
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The waiter tried to memorize the orders of fifteen people, got three of them very wrong, and when we asked to speak to the manager, we were told he wasn't in that night. On the way out, another server whispered to us that that WAS the manager!!

1  Thank Geoffrey L
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I like going to this restaurant in the summertime only because of their nice outdoor patio. The setting makes you feel like you are in Europe. Their pizzas are good, however the pastas are just ok. Biggest let down was the cleanliness of the restaurant. My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for our anniversary thinking we would get a nice seat on the patio, unfortunately it was closed so we were forced to sit inside. We were there around 4 pm. The restaurant was dirty, with crumbs all over the floor. It is very small on the inside and outdated. There must have been a group before us who made a mess. What puzzled me was that when we arrived there was no one there, so the staff could have easily cleaned up, instead the server was sitting and reading when we walked in. I didn't even finish my food because I just wanted to get out of the place. I have never seen a restaurant so messy. If you choose to go, go in the summertime so you don't have to sit inside.

1  Thank kiselikupus
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a fantastic little Italian place that will never disappoint. The portion size is huge and the quality of the food is very good. We always order one pizza and one pasta and just share it. Often we have no room for dessert! You will also be surprised the way your wine is served!