“Great spot for people watching”
Review of Luxe Bistro

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: ByWard
Transit: All Downtown destination public transportation.
Description: Ottawa's Best Steak and Burgers Luxe is described as contemporary and refined, yet casual. Enjoy a delicious quick bite or relax and enjoy an exceptional meal. The expertly prepared food is straight forward, simple without unnecessary fuss. The freshness and flavours of ingredients shine through without being hidden by un-required distractions. LUXE continues to maintain its excellent reputation for serving the best steaks and burgers in Ottawa!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I didn't eat here because I had dinner plans elsewhere, but enjoyed a nice glass (or two!). Very polite wait staff. It was a perfect day to sit outside and watch folks!

1  Thank Canukgal

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We enjoyed a good different taste with the lobster poutine. Unique in Canada? Maybe the world?
In the middle of the market area, Luxe is a good find for food. The service was fast and friendly. An issue with an order of moules, was quickly and without question dealt with professionally.
The replacement mussels were more plump and properly cooked in a pleasant white wine and garlic base.
Try the lobster poutine and enjoy the area at the Luxe.

1  Thank dive_ability
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was my 3rd time eating at this restaurant over the last 3 years. My first 2 visits were amazing! I had the tuna steak (wasn't on the menu this time) and oysters. Since there was no tuna steak I ordered the filet mignon which is one of my favorite things to eat. I thought you could never mess up a filet mignon because the cut of meat is so good. I've had it at many restaurants and cook it at home myself and it's just always perfect. HOWEVER Luxe somehow messed it up!? My piece of meat was actually disgusting with stringy things and knotty fat inside. I also asked for medium rare but it was basically totally uncooked inside. Is it that they aren't getting good cuts of meat?! Anyway, the server was really nice about it and gave me a new dish of my choice and a glass of wine on the house. I really like this restaurant so I hope they do something to start serving better meat!! Especially for $38............

2  Thank Christina E
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Friendly staff. Was promptly seated. Had the duck confit burger, which was superb. Not the cheapest place, but it's a great place to have lunch and a couple of beers.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited on a Thursday evening. Was promptly seated. The staff was attentive and friendly, although all three who enquired about my food asked me the moment I had taken a bite of my food. (It's uncanny how often this happens to me. I just give a thumbs up.)

I had the Lux Burger, which is a hamburger with Duck Confit and Duck a jus. Duck and beef don't sound like a natural combination, but it worked pretty well. I was satisfied. While burgers are offered, steak seems to be their thing and judging from the almost full house, it's a popular place. I will gladly visit again next time I'm in Ottawa.