“Expectations didnt let us down!”

Lone Star Texas Grill
Ranked #279 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Expectations didnt let us down!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a holiday to Toronto we went to Ottawa for 2 days ( everyone we spoke to said why Otttawa ) it was a lovely place so as you do you look around for somewhere nice to eat out and found the Lone Star Texas Grill and wasnt dissapointed. Our server Jose ( may have been his " stage name " i dont know was very cheery and helpful with the menu and was attentive throughout but not in your face all the time like some are, the restaurant was busy not bad for a tuesday evening. Before the starter Jose brought Tortilla chips and dip, I had a starter of wings followed by the Ribs and southern fried chicken which was great washed down by a pint of lager my wife had the chipotle ribs as her main and a strawberry daiquiri. We really enjoyed our meal which was full of flavour and the service was good too, which adds to the occasion. I would recommend this place if undecided about where to choose.

Ottawa, Canada
“Birthday Outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went for dinner for my birthday. Tortilla chips and salsa free appetizer were plentiful and good. My guys ordered a giant burrito and it looked delicious. I went with chicken and shrimp fajitas. They were good although the toppings weren't overly plentiful and the baked beans they came with were yummy, but they'd reheated the rice on the frying pan with the meat and veggies which meant it was scorched. On the other hand, the soft drinks were bottomless and the hot sauce was good.
All in all, it was OK but I've had better Mexican.

• Visited May 2014
“Same experience we have come to expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have eaten at various Lone Star restaurants for years, first the original restaurant at Baseline and Fisher, then the one in Kingston. We were looking for somewhere family friendly for a quick supper and the Lone Star came through! Quick, friendly service, tasty food and at a reasonable cost.

Ottawa, ON
“Great lunch out with my sisters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My two sisters and I all celebrate our birthdays within 2 weeks of each other so we usually pick a day and go out for lunch. This year we decided to go to the Lone Star in the byward market. Best decision ever!

I had a coupon for a free appetizer thanks to their website so we choose to share the Horseshoe onion rings. Very tasty. Then of course we got the Texas size fajitas for 3! We had so much left over that they boxed it up and even threw in a few extra tortillas to go. Our waitress engaged us in conversation and we happened to mention our birthdays so our Pop was on the house!

Great service, great food and we all will definitely be back! Thanks Lone Star!

Ottawa, Canada
“Lone zero stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We we waited a long time at our table for a server. Our drinks took over 15mins to appear, 4 of us had devoured two baskets of chips before our drinks arrived. We had a second round of chips which were also devoured probably 30 mins before we received our dinner. I ordered fajitas for two. I had 2 red and 1 green slice of peppers the rest was onion and lots of it. My side of rice was stone cold as were the beans.. My side of guacamole never arrived. I had done my dinner by the time I could catch sight of our server to call him over and order more tortillas for my daughters and another drink for each of them.I asked for the bill at the same time as I felt we had spent more than enough time inside this restuarant. Very disappointed in the poor service. Server never asked how the meal was or if we needed anything else. Lots of empty tables around so I do not understand the delay. Margaritas good as always!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kate T
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Kate T, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your Lone Star experience. Please contact me at scout@lstg.ca.